RIP Verran

grounded87

Ryan's memorial is set for Jan 23rd at MSU University Club in Michigan for 4pm. Just letting you guys know I had emails asking for details.

I will be flying there on the 22nd to attend and gotdamojo06 will be attending with me as well it should be a good event.

This is very shocking and sad news. I don't pop by as often as I used too and couldn't believe the title of the post when I read it. Ryan was extremely helpful and also a very sympathetic moderator here. I remember some PM's we exchanged over a topic that was locked, as it was getting a bit heated. He was solid and fair with his advice and I recall thinking that's a great guy and somebody I respected on here. I always used to take the time to read his posts and learnt an awful lot from him.

Rest in peace Ryan, you will be missed but not forgotten.

EDIT: I just went back to my message inbox and re-read those messages, it made me very sad to see them again thinking the guy has gone and at only 28 - life really sucks at times. Take care Ryan wherever you are and I will raise a glass to you tonight.

Edited by Great_Gig

I have had OCC as my homepage for over a year. And I have never had the need to join to forum or to say anything, but this, the reactions from the members. They are really admirable to say the least. I am really sorry for everyones loss. I am a member of alot of different forums that I visit every day, but have not yet seen anything quite like this..

My support to the family of Ryan/Verran:

When I used to work here I had a some very good discussions with Ryan/Verran. His kindness, respect, integrity and the willing to help and share was impressive. We all can envision a person in this cyber world and my envision of Ryan was clear and good. We all can tell by the way a person types or writes a letter. It will reveal their personality and you might be able to feel close or closer to the person. This is Ryan. We all have experiences with him. I am willing to bet we all have good ones and bad ones. Yes, we must recongize not only the good but the bad as well. Why I say this? We must remember when a human being is physically present in this world we MUST forgive for whatever he/she does. It can be a mistake or thoughtless mistake. For if we all don't forgive others, the pain of ones passing will be (more) difficult to bear.

Recongizing the Good in a person: Celebrate with each other. If you see or hear a human being do 'good' then celebrate with the person. Let the person know how well he/she did. For if you don't then the person is left to celebrate by themselves. Do you remember when your birthday is/was carelessly forgotten? Do you remember how that made you feel? This is why I created the "birthday Thread", why I send Bosco a PM just to say hello everytime I stop by. We ALL, as human beings, need to be recongized in every way possible. Celebrate with each other. Don't be afraid to show your feelings to one another, it will only make you feel good. You just might not have the chance in the next second or minute.

You will have to excuse me if this seems impersonal but I would like to send a Cyber Card to the WHOLE family of Ryan/Verran. But before I do I will like to say one more thing:

Verran is gone now from this earthly dwelling, and has left behind those who mourn his absence. Grant that we may hold his memory dear, never bitter for what we have lost nor in regret for the past, but always in hope of the eternal kingdom where you will bring us together again. I do hope you're able to realize that even though things look cloudy right now, they'll get better soon. Just remember that it takes rain to make rainbows, lemons to make lemonade, and sometimes it takes difficulties to make us stronger and better people. If you hang in there, you will see that the sun will shine again soon ... you'll see.

---> My Card to the Family <----

This news has come as a shock, Verran had always been a great/helpful forum member and whilst nothing can really be said to lessen the impact of this tragedy I would wish to extend my condolences to his family & friends...

Here is the info for Ryan's memorial.

If you plan on attending and need a place to stay, this hotel is connected directly to the University Club: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cw/1/en/h...elsearchresults

I just spoke with the marketing person at Candlewood Suites, and they are offering a rate of $79.00 for a studio (1 queen size bed and room for a rollaway) and $89.00 for a 1 bedroom suite (1 queen size bed and a full sized pullout) if people want to say there. The direct line is (517)351-8181. They just need to call and when making the reservation they should ask for the "Bredin Celebration"

:ph34r: >>this is me before my last race, I am part ninja, and that is why I didn't get hurt!<<

• 2 weeks later...

I had a bunch of PM's asking how the memorial went.

I just arrived back home a few mins ago so I figured I would quickly post something.

Overall it was great I was honored to speak at the event in front of his family and friends. I held it together for the most part but all in all it was a wonderful event. Ryan's family are great and it was a pleasure to meet the family that I had not met already. It looks like they are going to be coming out my way in the summer for a visit so I am looking forward to that. Myself or Justin will get some pics up of the event as soon as we can.

I had a bunch of PM's asking how the memorial went.

I just arrived back home a few mins ago so I figured I would quickly post something.

Overall it was great I was honored to speak at the event in front of his family and friends. I held it together for the most part but all in all it was a wonderful event. Ryan's family are great and it was a pleasure to meet the family that I had not met already. It looks like they are going to be coming out my way in the summer for a visit so I am looking forward to that. Myself or Justin will get some pics up of the event as soon as we can.

bosco you deserve some rest !! you've been a busy man here lately....but thanx for standin up for us at verran's service

haha your telling me. I think I have spent more time away then I have in my own bed. My computer is not happy with me :lol:

Like I said before it was an honor to be there and the loss of sleep was well worth it :)