MOBO RAM OCing

If my MOBO says it can go up to 1066 RAM does that mean I can buy 1066 speed RAM or does it mean I have to buy 800 speed RAM and OC that?

This is the MOBO I have. Read under the specifications tab where it says the RAM support for clarification I guess.

My mobo

You can buy 1066 as long as your CPU supports it. I believe if I am not mistaken its the Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 and above. So anything higher you should be able to run 1066Mhz Ram.

Your motherboard states it can support 1600 IF you overclock. So it will take some tweaking to get to that speed.

Hope that helps and good luck!

You can buy 1066 as long as your CPU supports it. I believe if I am not mistaken its the Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 and above. So anything higher you should be able to run 1066Mhz Ram.

Your motherboard states it can support 1600 IF you overclock. So it will take some tweaking to get to that speed.

Hope that helps and good luck!

I believe he meant to say "Your motherboard states it can support [1066] IF you overclock. So it will take some tweaking to get to that speed." he probably looked at the FSB and got confused.

Edited by xchrissypoox