2009 OCC Christmas Contest

Bosco

I thought I was the only one with a 3650 sitting in one of my computers.

To be honest with you, it wasn't that bad...once I overclocked it. However, with that overclock I had going I'm surprised it didn't melt...

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually in my wife's computer. She does itunes and Hulu, so graphic card performance isn't exactly key. I built the machine a year ago and it was the one that was on sale at Fry's for a good price.

awsome! it'll be nice to see how it handles my 920 & apogee XT!

i have 9gb of tri channel for my new rig,

if microcenter is still sellin' 920's @ $199 i might go grab one

and just build a second comp :D

-btw i sent bosco a message right after i found out i won

i had corrected my zip code to 61114, did you get that?

otherwise it might be coming back to you.

if it does let me know and i will paypal you some s&h to resend it!:)

I think I put the correct zip code on it!

Also make sure you flash the latest bios as it fixed a bug with 64bit OS's and low performance.

I think I put the correct zip code on it!

Also make sure you flash the latest bios as it fixed a bug with 64bit OS's and low performance.

actually thanks A lot, i was planning on putting 7(x64) on it for the 9gb of ram

BTW i got it today! ty! came through just fine!

IT'S CHRISTMAS IN FEBRUARY!!!!

I got home after a horrible 4-day trip at work to two large large boxes. 1 box was for a case and inside it was...a case! That Corsair case, I must say after using cheaper more flimsy cases, is absolutely worth the several hundred dollars it sells for. All reviews do not do it justice! Hands down. My older Coolermaster CM5? in comparison it is a complete garbage can. Inside the 2nd box, was all the rest of the goodies. I unpacked everything and set it on the workbench in the basement for assembly. The Wife and I are trying to move and the last thing we need is alot more stuff to deal with so we were just going to keep it all in boxes and move and then I could build it at our new place but slight delays have cause the house to not be on the market as soon as we wanted....so The Wife and I decided (she let me) that I could build it if i boxed up everything else that's already in use and stored/sold it. So soon look for the parts of my watercooled p45 775 setup to be for sale soon. (want a 4850 anyone?)

This thing goes together nicely. It takes a bit of time to get things aligned right and for some reason the Gigabyte board screws down nice, but the MOBO standoffs for the ATX board locations on the right side edge do NOT line up with the MOBO. I think this board could be a little bit narrower than a normal one i'm not sure because the scale of the case makes everything else look smaller. Also, I love the memory set. it comes with its own fan cooler and if the fans crap out they can be easily replaced with standard units. Props to Corsair for making solid awesome quality parts. Nothing flimsy, however their H50 mounting method I would have designed completely different. Past methods work so much better and their bracket is too complex. The drive locations are just simply awesome. you dont have to unhook or hook up anything.

Thank's OCC!! I don't have to worry about anything computer related for another 18-24 months according to Dr. Moore.

post-9188-1266420203_thumb.jpg

Edited by robAP

I plan to. One thing i did was mount he H50 radiator as directed, however i also mounted the large fan on the back on the outside of the case. even more airflow i hope although I might be overpowering the fan for the radiator making it do relatively nothing and freewheel, but Well see once it's fired up. I might have to test the fans in the case fo rnoise in comparison to the antec red LED fans i have now and see what levels of noise they have and also compare the airflow. i might use one of them just for some mood lighting inside. There's places up top for 3 120 fans for exhaust out the top. I have no idea what to do with that because all air pumped inside will exit out that location. there's nowhere else to go. the H50 commands the radiator to suck air inside the case form the back. So maybe ill run the red led fans leftover out the top on the low silent setting. Either way, it's a case I will be happy to use for 20 years. It supports everything I would ever need to do in that time or longer.

(want a 4850 anyone?)

The one I sold you? How much will you sell it for? Maybe I can re-buy something I sold to sell it again hmmm... lol.

Looks like a sick PC. Needless to say I'm jealous.