2009 OCC Christmas Contest

Bosco

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+2

Dave, is that the number of entries or people?

People

Wonders how many of those are the same person with different name and email/IP address...

I have already gone through that stuff and took out the cheaters. Everything that is left is legit, no double or triple IP's anymore. There is alot of members that entered that I have not seen post in a long time here at OCC. :)

People

I have already gone through that stuff and took out the cheaters. Everything that is left is legit, no double or triple IP's anymore. There is alot of members that entered that I have not seen post in a long time here at OCC. :)

What I was getting at was what if someone went to another location different IP, sign up at OCC under a different screen name and email with different address. How many of those do we have? I guess we will never know... :)

Well I started going through everything tonight. As expected there was some cheaters <_<

But thats ok I just deleted them it was really easy :) In all seriousness the people that were legit did things by the book. No actual legit old or new members tried to cheat so that was nice to see but to be honest I didn't expect any of you to do so. I will do the drawing some time tomorrow evening in between my family stuff. I will make a post tomorrow night closing the contest then some time after I will post the winners. I promise they will be up tomorrow night just not sure exactly when. It will take prob about an hour or so for the script to run with the amount of winners and such but I will get it up as soon as I can.

Good Luck to everyone :)

Dave

OK - an hour for a script to run is MUCH too long. Here, let me send you a script that will take a LOT less time - at least for determining the grand prize :)

Now that's just shady <.< and for a Christmas contest none the less !

Sent my email a few days ago, hope I made it on time =p

And last of *ahem* MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! and thanks for all the help you guys have given me since I joined.

OK - an hour for a script to run is MUCH too long. Here, let me send you a script that will take a LOT less time - at least for determining the grand prize :)

Does it look something like this?

if prize = "grand" then winner = "ClayMeow"

:P

What I was getting at was what if someone went to another location different IP, sign up at OCC under a different screen name and email with different address. How many of those do we have? I guess we will never know... :)

Ahhh gotcha. Yes it could be done I suppose. I have done my best to filter that out including by Towns and Cities to weed out anything that looks odd.

:lol: