2009 OCC Christmas Contest

Bosco

Dave do the older facebook members get an extra chance or just the new ones?

Anyone that is a fan. Either before or after the contest started :)

As long as the email has been sent in of course. :)

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol at the obviously anon people joining simply trying to win something.

Edit: maybe i should create 50 new anon's here for extra chances myself (as if getting one chance to win something at a site where you are a real member that contributes and visits regularly isn't enough, oh ya we get 3 or 4....but 50 ftw!)

Edited by Fight Game

sent me email in :) now to sit back and pray since i dont do facebook/twitter or any other place like that i just get the one entry unless i guess i sign up for the news ltter but that will be for another day while goofing off at work :D

lol at the obviously anon people joining simply trying to win something.

Edit: maybe i should create 50 new anon's here for extra chances myself (as if getting one chance to win something at a site where you are a real member that contributes and visits regularly isn't enough, oh ya we get 3 or 4....but 50 ftw!)

Unless you changed your IP address 50 times you would get red flagged :lol:

you'd need multpile addresses to get away with it.

True and if the addresses are all from the same place i get's suspicious, but you can say it's your friend that is participating and/or give addresses from people you know that live somewhat far.

It's tricky but possible :)

However, it is still possible.

You should have included a post limit or something.

Changing your IP address 50 times is a little tricky and time consuming but not imposable. However you would also need 50 different email and mailing addresses and 50 different names and 50 different phone numbers to successfully be able pull it off it be too complicated for most people to successfully do.

Although I do agree there should be some type of rule that says "You can only enter this contest if you have been a member for at least 3 months" or something like that to prevent people who don't do anything to contribute or help the OCC in anyway, from winning.

I also have one more question about the contest What happens to all your personal info like Name, address, phone number after the contest is done? Is it just deleted or is kept and documented or sold to advertisers?