Weird issue with dual monitors

JerrDogg77

OK, so i dont know when it happened, but it was within the past week or so. Basically, i run dual 22in monitors. I, like most people like to game on one, and do other things on the other. Now bare with me, this isnt the easiest thing to explain, so ill try my best.

For some reason, whenever i play a game(wciii, codmw2) It seems as if the whole resolution shifts the the right when i start the game. What does this mean? Well, the icons ect on my second monitor, and the background, shift about 3 inches to the right. Now, this wouldnt be an issue, except that on my main monitor, when i am in game, the game screen(just the mouse)extends on to the second monitor. This means that if i move my mouse off the right side of the screen it goes onto my 2nd desktop, but not the whole way, i am limited to the same 3 inches or so.

This becomes an issue because if i accidentally click there, my game minimizes. It is a really strange issue. If i move my mouse to the top right, i dont go off the screen, but about 3 inches down, its like the "wall" isnt there and it spills onto the second monitor. I have messed with all the resolution settings ect(since war3 is an old game, the resolution only goes up so far) and i cant get my mouse to stay in the game window. I'm not playing in windowed mode either.

I have tried making the game resolution the same as the desktop, and the same thing. The only way i can get it to work is if i disable the second monitor in the personalization thing(vista64) Unfortunately, im not familiar with vista too much, so i dont know if i am missing something.

At this point i will try anything :(

I looked around on google, and this is all i could find

Secondary screen shifts when playing game

If your secondary monitor is to the right of the primary monitor, and you play a game which changes the resolution of the primary monitor, the windows on the secondary monitor will be shifted to the edge of the monitor. This is an issue with DirectX. Workarounds:

* make the primary monitor the right-most monitor before playing the game

* change the display resolution manually before playing the game

This leads me to beleive that maybe, when i bought codmw2, it installed dx11? I am pretty sure i only had dx10 on this machine, unless an auto update snagged it.

Edited by JerrDogg77

i have a similiar set up, but with a 23" 1920x1080 samsung beauty with a 17" 1280x1024 to the right of the Samsung and if I start a game whose resolution is not set to 1080p icons/pixels will shift to the 17". however, it goes back to normal once I set the res to 1080p or close the game.

I wouldn't consider this a problem, more like an inconvenience... and I don't think there's any way to "solve" this other than to run in Windowed mode or move the secondary to the left of the primary... and if you don't choose to do either, just be extra observant of the location of your mouse pointer. :)