Fallout 3...worst rpg of all time?

Computation

Hell, you could've just walked around not doing anything.

i could say that about most games. ironic that there's more to do in F3 than there is in almost any other game i can think of.

i suppose most people actually want the game to hold their hand whether they want to admit it or not. sad to say, but i guess bethesda would have done better by not staying true to the original fallout formula, and just making some generic FPS.

Edited by psycho_terror

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i suppose most people actually want the game to hold their hand whether they want to admit it or not.

Hell, yes, I want a tightly knit experience that comes close to a movie that gives you a lot of options without giving you an open world. (HL2 anyone?)

As for Diablo, it's not a fair comparison. Diablo is an Action-RPG, not a traditional RPG. So you should probably call yourself a fan of Action-RPGs, and not simply RPGs in general.

True. I'm not into many RPG games but I just wanted to show that I do have an appreciation for the genre and that my dislike of FO3 is not the dislike of the entire genre.

Edited by tkrow21

:rolleyes: how little you know, 20% through already eh? just FYI, i was still discovering new places and quests on my 3rd playthrough :P

If you hate that Greenish sephia look of the game then use the Fellout MOD, it gets rid of that and i think its a huge improvment over Vanilla. As for the scenery, well the only thing i can recomend is the high res Texture MODS from NMC, but tbh what do you expect, its a post apocalyptic DC :lol:

psycho_terror that was a very good point you made about people Wanting the game to hold your hand, in any case i think Bethesda wanted the player to feel exactly that - no hand to guide you and you are left to make your own choices and see where they will lead you :)

i think Bethesda wanted the player to feel exactly that - no hand to guide you and you are left to make your own choices and see where they will lead you :)

If you think about that deeply enough, it's also symbolic of the emotional stress that the Lone Wanderer is subject to in being lost and trying to search for her father. Just thought I'd mention that :P

Honestly, the less linear a game is, the more I generally seem to enjoy it. I'm the type of person who wants to shape the gameplay to his own liking. I usually hate games that pretty much force you to go in one direction and do one thing at a time. There are exceptions though believe me when I say that =P Gears of War is one of the ultimate's in my book, but even then they let you choose what path you wish to take throught the game.

COMBIT SISTEM AND GRAFIC ARE WHAT MAEK GOOD RPG GAME :wacko:

Yes, they gave it GOTY as a joke. Kinda like how fat people have the nickname 'tiny'.

Go play MW2, it's perfect for you.

Even with FOOK2 and MMM, I didn't really find it all that interesting. The atmosphere didn't really grab me, I guess. It felt a lot like Oblivion, which didn't really grab me either.

The part where

James (the Lone Wanderers dad) died

made me cry, partially because I step into other peoples emotions too well but also because I have first hand experience in

'losing' my father

<_< Even after the 4th time through the main quest :P

but that was ages ago so I'm all better now :P

For those of you who don't like spoilers, the game in places really did creep me out (Dunwich building was strange), and other parts punched me in the stomach with a fiery fist of angst

Edited by Danrik

psycho_terror that was a very good point you made about people Wanting the game to hold your hand, in any case i think Bethesda wanted the player to feel exactly that - no hand to guide you and you are left to make your own choices and see where they will lead you :)

totally agree, seeing the vault door close behind you, the blinding light as you exit the tunnel, then the vast emptiness and having no idea what you were going to do was really great moment in gaming.

Hell to the no. Fallout 3 is good game. There so much there to do without even including the DLC. I wore myself playing Oblivion with all its side quests and never did the actual storyline. Same with Fallout 3. VAT is pretty cool, slow-mo kills.

The only thing I didn't like about Fallout 3 was the silenced pistol wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. However the chainsaw and flaming sword were amazing. Just run up hit VAT and watch the body parts fly. I had a good example of this, but it seems I deleted all my old Fallout 3 screenshots from my Photobucket account.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Well, I guess I can't really comment on this thread any further since I didn't play the game to a large extent, but that alone should say enough. A great game is going to grab you and never let go, just like a good book or movie. Fallout 3 didn't do that for me, and I can only assume that it was my personal tastes, and not the quality of the game, as I am aware that it is astounding.

I've been meaning to give it a shot. Diablo is simply Diablo... LOL... Which My wife and I have got abotu 40 hours in in the last week or two hehehe... The last RPG's I played were MMORPGs, EverQuest, and Silk Road, both of which were fantastic what I played of them.

A buddy wants me to do SWG, And I'm thinking about it, but FO3 cought my attention befort eit was released... I guess IT's time to just break down and pick it up... Most reveiws said it was fairly good... I think the playability of a RPG really depends on yoru own personal style.

Some people dont like it cos its the type of game where you have to put in time and effort to get through it.I bet most so called 'hardcore' gamers are put off by the inventory system alone.Ive been lost on several occassions,and ive either grafted through it,or called on a guide to get past it(yes the shame).Bottom line is,put in some effort,and the game will reward you.