Fallout 3...worst rpg of all time?

Computation

Anyone else agree with this? lol. I bought it months ago and played through a bit of it. Couldn't stand it at all so I put it away and started playing it again recently. It's still the same garbage lol.

The combat system is just....blahh. There's no real point to the vat system is there? I mean I haven't played through 20% of the game but it looks like I can just shoot normally through first person view and kill more efficiently.

I don't like the landscape either. It just looks bland and boring. heh

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else agree with this? lol. I bought it months ago and played through a bit of it. Couldn't stand it at all so I put it away and started playing it again recently. It's still the same garbage lol.

The combat system is just....blahh. There's no real point to the vat system is there? I mean I haven't played through 20% of the game but it looks like I can just shoot normally through first person view and kill more efficiently.

I don't like the landscape either. It just looks bland and boring. heh

YOU SIR HAVE BLASPHEMED MORE THAN YOU COULD EVAR IMAGINE!

=P I joke. Personally I love the game to pieces. It's got to be my 4th or 5th run through now, and I'm not known for replaying games :P

I can only assume that they're going for an apocalyptic post nuclear war kind of look, I can't be sure though...

:P

Look at Metro 2033, doesn't look like FO3.

There's more than one look with post apocalyptic themes.

Look at Metro 2033, doesn't look like FO3.

There's more than one look with post apocalyptic themes.

What screenies have you seen? The Metro 2033 screenshots I found look even more bland than Fallout :unsure: And the others that I've seen pretty much ARE Fallout...

But honestly, you're in post-nuclear war DC =P It can only really look like one thing, and I think Bethesda hit that nail on the head. If you ask me, considering it's all a load of broken rubble and stuff, they did an amazing job making the scenery different whenever you change direction.

Edited by Danrik

Why do you play a game that is after a nuclear war and then whine about the surroundings? You think they will look like your neighborhood right now? No they are supposed to look bland because everything was pretty much destroyed.

I'll admit i played it ages ago and only got as far as getting out of the vault then i gave up cos i thought it was a bit crap.But recently ive decided to give it another go and im really liking it.The atmosphere can really grab you at times,its kind of depressing really.But i guess that what the developers intended.

Don't know where you're getting the 20% from, and with the optional side quests, I have no idea how far you've actually gotten in the game, but there's no way you could play it on hard difficulty and NOT use VAT...probably not on normal either, but I don't remember what setting I had it on. When you eventually get to super mutants, armored foes, etc., VAT is essential.

What screenies have you seen? The Metro 2033 screenshots I found look even more bland than Fallout :unsure: And the others that I've seen pretty much ARE Fallout...

But honestly, you're in post-nuclear war DC =P It can only really look like one thing, and I think Bethesda hit that nail on the head. If you ask me, considering it's all a load of broken rubble and stuff, they did an amazing job making the scenery different whenever you change direction.

:withstupid: Color-wise, FO3 is rather bland, but that's to be expected with a post-apocalyptic setting, IMO. But the environments themselves are anything but. There's a lot of variety to be found throughout the game, and they really did an amazing job with it.

I never finished the game, but that's not a knock to FO3. It's just how it always is with me and open-ended games (never finished Morrowind, Oblivion, or any GTA game)...I wind up side-tracking from the main quest and just doing side quests and exploring and then never get back to it.

IMO it was interesting until you got out of the vault. Hell, you could've just walked around not doing anything.

Edit: I think it was the FPS style that threw me off. I love RPG's (Diablo for example, was the game of my childhood), but I'm used to FPS's being linear stories or multiplayer mayhem.

But still, I was very lost after getting out of the vault.

Edited by tkrow21

IMO it was interesting until you got out of the vault. Hell, you could've just walked around not doing anything.

Edit: I think it was the FPS style that threw me off. I love RPG's (Diablo for example, was the game of my childhood), but I'm used to FPS's being linear stories or multiplayer mayhem.

But still, I was very lost after getting out of the vault.

That's exactly why I never finish open-ended games. I prefer at least a little linearity. Dragon Age: Origins has a nice mix, allowing you to tackle areas in any order, yet still giving you direction.

As for Diablo, it's not a fair comparison. Diablo is an Action-RPG, not a traditional RPG. So you should probably call yourself a fan of Action-RPGs, and not simply RPGs in general.