MW2..?

NikolaT

I'm not sure what your expecting from an Arcade FPS game. They don't vary much at all. This is set in a modern era, so your not going to get anything insane like Crysis' nanosuits or the hi-tech gadgets of Metal Gear Solid.

If people weren't so blind sided that the game doesn't offer dedicated servers, that the game in itself has much more to offer.

Matchmaking speed is practically instant (click your game mode and find games and bam your already in a game with the lowest ping possible)

New weapons

New perks

New equipment

New kill streak perks

Customizable kill streak perks

Drop a smoke grenade to call in a drop box to use high-end kill streak perks (let's the other team kill the owner and steal it, before the owner can use the high-end kill streak)

Gamer tags (like SF4)

Prestige Mode

Spec Ops Co-Op

3rd Person Mode

US Army Rangers (finally something that isn't US Marine, other than America's Army; Rangers > Marines)

Throwable knives

Dual Wielding

Instant gratification after rounds (Achievements/Trophies, Accolades, Callsigns, XP Bonuses)

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_D...odern_Warfare_2

I see alot of that stuff as novelty items. For me I personally think they shouldn't have done a true sequel. Infinity Ward has never done a true sequel with any of their games, why start now? I think that for me personally I guess the issue is that Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was so good, that IW failed to exceed that game with this sequel. It just didn't live up to what I it was going to be.

The one thing I do like is that they balanced it alot more. Which is something they could of done in a patch for COD4. The way kill streaks are handled and the perks are alot better. The way Martyrdom is handled as a death streak now, which I like. You don't have hundreds of people running around in suicide bomber mode just to kill you. Its the little things I like about this game, not so much the big things that were so hyped about.

Dual Wielding is useless IMO... They tried to copy Halo with this, it just doesn't fit in COD...

Bling is awesome! Being able to equip your guns with two items is a godsend.

To sum it up I think that they would of been better off making an Expansion Pack for Call of Duty 4, and fix all the little things wrong with that game.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dual Wielding is useless IMO... They tried to copy Halo with this, it just doesn't fit in COD...

Yes, Halo was the first game to introduce dual wielding into the FPS genre. :rolleyes:

Either way, I think MW2 exceeded MW1 in almost every way (multiplayer). Sure, you might get a bit annoyed by no dedicated servers, but as a casual gamer, you'll notice almost no difference.

Sigh... novelty items? Those so called novelty items is what made CoD 4. How can you not care for them, if you cared for CoD 4.

Dual wielding useless? Double the ammo and fire rate without reloading. How is that useless?

With that attitude I guess you feel the same way about every sequel. They are all the same gameplay with new features :smack:

Edited by Krazyxazn

Sigh... novelty items? Those so called novelty items is what made CoD 4. How can you not care for them, if you cared for CoD 4.

Dual wielding useless? Double the ammo and fire rate without reloading. How is that useless?

With that attitude I guess you feel the same way about every sequel. They are all the same gameplay with new features :smack:

1887 akimbo is the biggest jack butt of them all, real men use m1014

i think this game is better than COD4 and i esperienced COD4 without bias

even stopping power seems less a piss off as i think thye nerfed some which i'm happy about

It's 1st persion shooter and so many have been made that I'm too lazy to even guess how many FPS games have been made over the years. I seriously doubt a new one is going to come along and drop the OMG bomb factor new functionality that hasn't been tried before.

Let's face it, when it comes down to FPS games its all about having that secret formula for Multiplayer. Some games manage to capture it and most try and fail. Even the people who dislike MW2 still say the MP is extremely addictive... what else do you need? Most game manufacturers don't care about single player replayability anymore. How many of the newer games do you know of that actually take longer than 6-15hrs to beat? And of those how many do you continue to replay? I'm willing to guess the list in your head is VERY small. Most gaming companies just want to put out a hellalatious looking game. Replay value is definitely low on priority.

FPS games are always judged on their MP aspect. Look at GoldenEye, it actually had an awesome single player mode with tons of replay value but most people didn't even play it. There sure wasn't anything in the MP aspect that screamed WOW factor. It was just insanely addictive for whatever reason that no other FPS console game could duplicate for a looong time.

MW2 has that winning formula for addictive MP. It's a true FPS - it's all about the MP. I also find the Special OPS missions fun with friends come over to visit that aren't regular gamers ...and even solo. Heck I even ran The Pit for a couple hours just trying to best my time and its only an obstacle course. I sure as hell wouldn't buy this game for $60 if you have no intentions of going online to play MP. Maybe $5-$10.

Personally I am sticking with CoD4. I played the crap outta MW2 at my friends place on Xbox so I see no need to purchase it now; not unless dedicated servers are implemented.

I'm not being a bitter boycotter, as I was going to buy the game but after the many hours at my friends I see no need to, we beat all the spec ops on veteran; which btw is super fun!

I prefer the modded servers of CoD4, theres a great tactical mod server that I can't get enough of.

Edited by QMax

It's 1st persion shooter and so many have been made that I'm too lazy to even guess how many FPS games have been made over the years. I seriously doubt a new one is going to come along and drop the OMG bomb factor new functionality that hasn't been tried before.

Let's face it, when it comes down to FPS games its all about having that secret formula for Multiplayer. Some games manage to capture it and most try and fail. Even the people who dislike MW2 still say the MP is extremely addictive... what else do you need? Most game manufacturers don't care about single player replayability anymore. How many of the newer games do you know of that actually take longer than 6-15hrs to beat? And of those how many do you continue to replay? I'm willing to guess the list in your head is VERY small. Most gaming companies just want to put out a hellalatious looking game. Replay value is definitely low on priority.

FPS games are always judged on their MP aspect. Look at GoldenEye, it actually had an awesome single player mode with tons of replay value but most people didn't even play it. There sure wasn't anything in the MP aspect that screamed WOW factor. It was just insanely addictive for whatever reason that no other FPS console game could duplicate for a looong time.

MW2 has that winning formula for addictive MP. It's a true FPS - it's all about the MP. I also find the Special OPS missions fun with friends come over to visit that aren't regular gamers ...and even solo. Heck I even ran The Pit for a couple hours just trying to best my time and its only an obstacle course. I sure as hell wouldn't buy this game for $60 if you have no intentions of going online to play MP. Maybe $5-$10.

fogel makes an excellent argument, that's why games like borderlands are greeted with open hands...enjoyable story and can easily be played by yourself for many an hour as i had

I've played MW2 MP on PC and I can truly say it's an improvement over COD4. It feels new yet familiar at the same time and Infinity Ward did a good job at balancing the game (eg. Deathstreaks, no Juggernaut etc.). If they added dedicated servers it'd be awesome (I hate host migrations and server timeouts).