Sign in to follow this  
megavyrus

Video Card Problems On Abit Motherboard

I currently have a MSI GF2 TI 64MB VIVO video card which has been a pain in my case. I had it rmaed twice and still got problems... I am starting to believe there is no problem with the card itself but the problems are rather due to some incompatibility with my system.

The problem is that when I turn on the computer, it doesn't post (with this video card). If I press the reset button a few times, I may be lucky and get it to post. Now, if I replace the video card with ANY other, it boots up just fine, normally.

If I remember well, I tried this video card in another system, which had a different power supply and it worked fine (I have an Enermax-FC). I then took that power supply and put it in my computer and guess what, it booted up just fine.

But how could it be that the Enermax power supply can't handle this video card?

I also read that it could be a timing problem, between the video card and the mobo, but I am yet to find out the recommended timing value (which you set under the AGP Driving control, in BIOS) from Abit for the GF2 TI video cards. I just checked Abit's website, but didn't find any info on how to contact them :angry: . Does anybody have an email address or something?

Has anybody experienced that previously or know of any possible solution?

Make sure you post in the proper topic next time. :D

Heres your contact list: http://www.abit.com.tw/abitweb/webjsp/engl...sh/Contacts.jsp

As for the card it is getting old. There has been alot of problems with geforce 2 cards with the newer technology, but thats not to say its not true. Sounds like a setting problem. Did this card does this right from a format? :unsure:

Thx for the link....

Yeah, the card does that right from a format, so it's not windows related or anything...

Oh and how would you compare this card with a geforce3 ti200?