PC-Beto

p0Pe

I got mail!!!

mushkinlogo.jpg

A big thanks goes out to MUSHKIN for kindly sending 4*2gb sticks of their new AWSOME Ridgeback ram´s!!! These will look dope in the mod and i cant wait to get them! ;)

ridgebackdouble.jpg

Sooo pritty! Green and black ram´s for a green and black mod :D

I hope to have an update ready when i get these, along with some pics of them installed!

And a few teasers to hold you off;)

IMG_2474.JPG

1002.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So quiet you are inhere:)

well

Finally! I had last day on the summerjob, and starting in school next week! So wanted to put this update up since a LOT have happened since the last update!

Now, where were we? Right about here i think.

1.JPG

This is how the case have stood ever since i went to hear stewie wonder in copenhagen. I got a 4870x2 with block on it, and fittet that in, and painted the mobo back panel!

2.JPG

The 2*6 pins fits so much better on to this card than they would have fittet on a 5870! There is just one downside, i miss two pins!

3.JPG

Now, a little tube routing have been set in motion, but there is still lots to do.

4.JPG

Now guess what hides under this hood? It has 64 gigs, and runs at aprox 270MB/sek in read and write:P I hope to be able to replace it with something bigger, better and nicer soon though.

5.JPG

Now this, is what the little glowsticks that Jon made for me does! (http://lund-tech.com/?Products:Lighting_module)

6.JPG

A quick shot of the side panel lit up!

7.JPG

of some reason, this reminds me of a horror movie, where you see a sharp light trough a window xD

8.JPG

Now, for the torture of the psu... Belive it or not, but it took me over 6 hours to make it look this way!

9.JPG

Soldering the wires back together after cutting them down to size.

10.JPG

2*6 pins down! 8 pin and 24 pin to go :(

11.JPG

Halfway there!!!

12.JPG

DONE! And i must say, i am quite happy about the final result! Not to green, but with a little black in between:P

13.JPG

From another angel. I practically had to stand on top of it to get the wires inthere! Talk about a close fit!

14.JPG

And what might this little bugger be? Remember the problem about missing a few pins on the 8 pin for the gfx card? No problem:D

15.JPG

Just put this one into the psu, and bam! 2 more pins fixed :D

16.JPG

Now, the octopus begins...

17.JPG

Now isn't this the best looking cable mess you've ever seen? :D

18.JPG

And the little 2 pin crawling trough the case and finally ending in the gfx card!

19.JPG

And now! A huge thanks to mushkin for sending me 8 gigs of these awesome rams! I cant wait to get these into the case!

20.JPG

Black and green, just like the rest of the mod!

21.JPG

Gotta love them. They are so incredible heavy compared to other ram sticks i have around, and i love the ridgeback fin design!

22.JPG

More pronz!

23.JPG

But hey now, what is this? "Something seems to be missing dude..."

Yeah, i noticed, but i couldn't decide if i wanted the copper top, or the delrin to for the build :/

24.JPG

Then its lucky that AquaComputer was so awsome to send BOTH the cuplex kryos HF and a spare delrin top!

25.JPG

Two awsome names paired!

26.JPG

Now, the only downside with the delrin top is that it doesn't take 10 mm compression fittings :(

27.JPG

The HF top however, does! This thing must weigh a metric tonne or therby!

28.JPG

And this is how she stands at the moment! I will update again when i get the ram installed, along with the waterblock. Oh, and dont mind the vandal switch hanging there:D It will be replaced with a black one i got from nutman ;)

And again, thanks to the sponsors ;)

AquaComputerLogo.png

bitspower.jpg

coolbits.dk.jpg

mushkinlogo.jpg

noiseblocker.jpg

matronicslogo.jpg

Until next update, Cya!!!

-p0Pe

Wow.

Thanks;)

good news people! ITS ALIVE!!!

4.JPG

How it stands at the moment

1.jpg

Idle. Notice that the ram index score jumped from 5.5 to 7.5 by throwing these mushkin´s in! :D

2.jpg

Vantage score. I HAVE to get a new waterblock for this GPU.. Look at those vrm´s on gpu2 :wallbash:

3.jpg

And a 06 score