A 5900 To 5950u

Nuclear

I would either get the 5900 or a 9800 se that you could open the pipes up on. Reason being is bother are cheap to begin with however if you want a sure fire winner the 9800 pro cannot be beaten.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try useing Aida32 it also says what speed your agp is working on this moment

i flashed my asus v9950non ultra to the bios given by nuke (thanks m8)

and run verry smooth on new speeds clock @ 475 (3d) 300(2d) and mem @950

my temps are stable in windows and office stuff @32C and after 2 hours of plating NFSU or COD it runs up to 48C but cools down quick in windows again :P

got to say its the best stock cooling ever seen :D and not loud!!

btw my case/mobo temps are 28C stable as a rock the only changes when i shut off my pc (fans ceep on spinning 5 min on 5 Volts B) )

my room temps are 21C +/- 2C

When you're already in Dos, just before flashing the new Bios, you can save the current bios that your card is currently using.

It saves it to the same floppy disk, so if the flash goes bad, you flash it back with the original that you just saved :)

I forgot what the command for it was, but some cards have their Bios write protected and that may be why you can't do it on the XFX cards.

There's a command to use that removes the write protection and then you can proceed to flash the bios.

It's a specific command for a specific program you have on your boot floppy.

according to nuke (who i tend to believe in all these matters lol) its not wise to flahs the card in any utility, iwas going toi . (gonna flash im tomorrow in dos) but he said that as the bios are for 2 different cards, then you will get errors etc if you try to flash it with the program that came with your card in windows, so if you do it in dos it should be fine.

If you d/l my 5950U Mod Package, it will have all the instructions that you need to flash the card.

If you are using my package, the command you will want to use is:

WFFLASH.EXE NM 5950.ROM

WFFLASH.EXE = Flash program name

NM = The command that automatically overwrites your current BIOS without checking

5950.ROM = The BIOS file that you are flashing.