A 5900 To 5950u

Nuclear

Just used that rthdribl test and it seems to be a more accurate way to test stable speeds than other benchmarks. Well to me anyway.

Sitting at 465 core and 900ram, there's no artifacts and doesn't freeze :) Tried it at 475core and ran for awhile, but froze :(

Core temp peaked at a high of 69C...A little high for my taste... :blink:

EDIT: Doh, ran Aquamark again, and finished the test fine, but when it got to the final score screen, there was artifacting...I'm guessing once it really heats up it'll artifact, and it takes a few minutes to get it's panties in a bunch. So now it's clocked at 460core 895ram.

Edited by RVE

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, once the card heats up really good if will start to artifact slighty, but that's nothing that a normal card won't do.

I'm really happy with your results. You having a SE version I was a little skeptical, but it works great with Gainward's tight BIOS and that's what I like.

Let me know if it ever gives you any trouble. My guide will be online tonight, as well as a modded Gainward 5950 BIOS that I'm currently using.

Good Luck!!

I'll fix the bugs and mod the BIOS so it will work just fine. If you can give me about 4HRS, I'll have a LeadTek package that you can use. If you go with any other card, use the package I provided earlier.

Hey Nuclear do you know if you can make a 5600 Ultra flash to like a 5700 or anything higher then that! I was just wondering but if not I guess I'll have to buy a 5900!

I'm sorry, but you can't. I think you may be able to flash it to a Ultra, if one is made, but that wouldn't be of much benefit. If I can get my hands on one, I'll do some testing and let you know what I find.

Get a 5900, you won't regret it for the price. I've had tons of fun playing with mine, although i wish i would've gotten a Gainward.

Edited by Nuclear

Well I've played hours of SWG today and froze on me a few times, and I clocked down the core a little each time. At the moment seems rock stable at 448core 880ram with no freezes or artifacts.

It's maybe a 15mhz higher OC on the core from before the the flash, but it's about a 140mhz higher OC on the ram. Games are definitely running smoother with AA and AF on.