A 5900 To 5950u

Nuclear

hmm the mvk kille dmine too

i wonder if nuculears are stable enough so i can run it

EDIT: nuc for a PNY what bios do u recremend the Gainward or the Leadtek?

Edited by Agallion

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what speeds can it handle for sure... I figured out how to hex edit the bios and made one of nukes 5950 bios (same device ID so looks like a 5950U) but running 450/900 instead of 475/950. I will buy one of these cards this morning and try it myself. Hex isn't that bad once you figure out the encoding of the numbers for speeds.

Also I can change it so you can have it like a 5900U (clocked faster then one).... whatever I will report back in 4 hrs or so on the 450/900 flash...

hmm the mvk kille dmine too

i wonder if nuculears are stable enough so i can run it

EDIT: nuc for a PNY what bios do u recremend the Gainward or the Leadtek?

The leadtek would probaly work better for a SE card, since it runs looser timings.

JSable:

I could loosen the mem timings, but there is no way to tighten them up thru software. Of course you can OC the RAM, but the timings will stay the same. It would take a new BIOs everytime to get those timings in the "perfect" spot, and that would be for just your card.

by just using the driver OC features I can get my SE up to 470/775 before the tests start failing. If you could set the clock rates about there, say 450/750 with the tight timings and possibly a looser one also that would be cool. I know I'm asking for alot here and dont want this becomming the start of a bunch of personal requests from everyone. I'm just trying to find a 'sweet' spot for us SE owners. Thanks.

JSable

Edited by JSable

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I got the Gainward GF FX 5900XT Golden Sample 128mb card and I bios flashed it to the 5950 but now the AGP is at 4x instead of 8x. Has anyone found a fix for that yet? Did you have the same problem Nuclear? if I do recall you used the same card right?

Oh and how do you flash back to the old bios. I did back it up before flashing, so don't worry.

Edited by Darkhawk_76