What's better ATI or nVidia?

robsamberg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monthly updates aren't frequent enough? ATi will release additional drives in a month if they really screw things up. But how often does the average person update their video drivers? I'd say once every 10+ months.

I am guessing you have not played games that were not supported by ATI drivers on launch day. We had to wait over 2 months to get a proper driver for GTA, as well we had to wait a few months for performance drivers for other games that was my point.

I'm in the "Driver issues? What driver issues?" category. I had a Radeon 9200 and never had issues, then switched to GeForce 5200FX (I know, lawl), no issues, finally went to a nice 8600GT... still no issues... GTX 260... no issues... HD 4870 CFX for a little bit... no issues... now HD 5870, no issues.

I'm in the "Driver issues? What driver issues?" category. I had a Radeon 9200 and never had issues, then switched to GeForce 5200FX (I know, lawl), no issues, finally went to a nice 8600GT... still no issues... GTX 260... no issues... HD 4870 CFX for a little bit... no issues... now HD 5870, no issues.

If you don't play newly launched games or don't play a certain title that is not supported you would never see issues. It doesn't happen to everyone it only happens with certain titles if you don't play those titles you have nothing to worry about.

Monthly updates aren't frequent enough? ATi will release additional drives in a month if they really screw things up. But how often does the average person update their video drivers? I'd say once every 10+ months.

Nope They fix 1 things an mess up 2 others. I still cant play IL2 with the latest ATI drivers. Sure its an older game but has a huge community. Nvidia is not immune with the shimmering issue but it is playable at max detail. Plus ATI still do not have user configurable game profiles.