Sign in to follow this  
eden999

Google operating system Web OS

Google has been talking about there web OS for about a year know.

I guess it would make sense for some people to use it but it still has some major draw backs. The problem I don't like about is it's a web OS and there are some security issues because it's all stored on Google and you have no idea how much person information is being collected when you use there OS and there's no way of knowing whether or not they look at your personal files that you store on your cloud OS and because nothing is really store on your device that accesses the OS it means that your data is going to be flying over the internet a lot more which is also another security risk.

There's also the disadvantage that it needs to be connected to the internet and because everything is stored on there servers it means it's going to use a lot of bandwidth which is problematic in a world were bandwidth caps are becoming more common.

Also all the apps are probably going to be made by Google so there's probably going to be no freedom to choose different apps made by different software companies.

Google has been talking about there web OS for about a year know.

I guess it would make sense for some people to use it but it still has some major draw backs. The problem I don't like about is it's a web OS and there are some security issues because it's all stored on Google and you have no idea how much person information is being collected when you use there OS and there's no way of knowing whether or not they look at your personal files that you store on your cloud OS and because nothing is really store on your device that accesses the OS it means that your data is going to be flying over the internet a lot more which is also another security risk.

There's also the disadvantage that it needs to be connected to the internet and because everything is stored on there servers it means it's going to use a lot of bandwidth which is problematic in a world were bandwidth caps are becoming more common.

Also all the apps are probably going to be made by Google so there's probably going to be no freedom to choose different apps made by different software companies.

Everytime you search ggogle they store it to your pool of info (due to unique cookies on your computer and autologin to google accounts (Tracking cookies)) along with every word you write or read in your gmails and all of that. Then when you use your FREE search and FREE emailservice they choose the ads visible to you from recent activity in the pool. For example you write in an e-mail 'dog' they check that for reference in your pool and if they find that you have a sick dog or is looking for one they automatically choose the fitting ads (and the worst part is that its not only on google services where that happens, even on other google-ad enabled homepages they get to know that you where there and roughly what you did). This i got to know form a friend working with programming for them how to balance ad prices with respect to personal interests. I just think it's scary that they know everything about their users, with the sole purpose of earning money from that knowledge...

I think I'd rather use Linux.

+1

If it gets to the point when i have to have internet to use a computer, or where all my 'personal' info is somewhere other than MY hard drive i will cease to use a computer and go find a cave to live in.

Everytime you search ggogle they store it to your pool of info (due to unique cookies on your computer and autologin to google accounts (Tracking cookies)) along with every word you write or read in your gmails and all of that. Then when you use your FREE search and FREE emailservice they choose the ads visible to you from recent activity in the pool. For example you write in an e-mail 'dog' they check that for reference in your pool and if they find that you have a sick dog or is looking for one they automatically choose the fitting ads (and the worst part is that its not only on google services where that happens, even on other google-ad enabled homepages they get to know that you where there and roughly what you did). This i got to know form a friend working with programming for them how to balance ad prices with respect to personal interests. I just think it's scary that they know everything about their users, with the sole purpose of earning money from that knowledge...

That's why i'm not a big fan of web os'es or any other types of cloud services because there's too many opportunities to collect personal information with little assurance that it will be kept private especially know adays with hackers every ware and laws like the patriot act exist.

+1

If it gets to the point when i have to have internet to use a computer, or where all my 'personal' info is somewhere other than MY hard drive i will cease to use a computer and go find a cave to live in.

That sounds fun.

I'll find a cave nearby and we can network using deer antlers. :3