Console Mods

Desktop-pro

Anyone here mod there consoles? I have never done it but there are some pretty sweet ones i have seen online.

Edit: Post pictures if you have please.

Edited by Desktop-pro

I've modded my PS2.

Don't have any pics ATM.

I painted it blue and added a small window to the top of the case to see the DVD drive.

It looked awesome until I screwed it up.

I tried to use a homemade stencil to write something on it but I screwed up and tried to wipe off the excess paint that ran with a dab of acetone on a rag.

It wiped ALL the paint off in one little streak, I was pissed so I resprayed the whole thing and because I was mad and I wasn't paying attention and I sprayed right over the window.

I tried another stencil and sprayed a crappy looking skull on the side too and in the process of doing that stencil I massively over-sprayed so I had a hissy fit and sprayed the top partially whit for no reason.

Before it dried I wrote my initials in it.

So pretty much I had an awesome looking custom blue PS2 and then competely screwed it up because I'm a buffoon...

I'll get a picture I guess.

ps2sc.th.jpg

Careful hardware modding the XBox

Microsoft banned an estimated 600,000 XBox Live accounts corresponding with the release of COD Modern Warfare 2 when modified boxes attempted to access their Live accounts.

They are talking about case modding, not hardware mods.

If I was going to do a case mod, it would be like this one: http://aleptu.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/...ar_case_mod.jpg

Side window with a windowed dvd drive, just not that color scheme. Maybe throw in a digital temp monitor like on my motherboard just for kicks.

Edited by Krazyxazn

My NEW 360 Elite F**ed up after 12 months so i had to try a Backplate mod on the GPU, it worked for like a week - now i just cant be bothered with the damn thing any more :angry2: pitty because i was going to buy odst but now i have a 300GBP Paperweight on my desk <_<

Edited by SenitaL

Yes, I understand that. I just dropped a friendly advisory in this thread so you guys would know. My company processes all of the XBox and Zune returns from Walmart.

If I was going to do a case mod, it would be like this one: http://aleptu.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/...ar_case_mod.jpg

Side window with a windowed dvd drive, just not that color scheme. Maybe throw in a digital temp monitor like on my motherboard just for kicks.

That's a nice looking Xbox. This site has that mod, with some others.