Forum Wars - Winter 2010 - Sign-up thread

The Smith

Don't forget not everyone signs up with cutting edge hardware either!

Just have a feeling there are going to be a LOT of i7 9xx's and 5870's in the single GPU classes (especially C) but what the hey,

COUNT ME IN.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just have a feeling there are going to be a LOT of i7 9xx's and 5870's in the single GPU classes (especially C) but what the hey,

COUNT ME IN.

haha yeah thats what i was thinking. i mean my Phenom II 940 is no slouch. but compared to the i7's it doesnt look to hot in benchmarks.

Then i look at my video card (ignore my sig) . the 4870 will easily be outclassed by anything over a 260/275.

oh well.

COUNT ME IN.

Your i7 860 is also a very strong contender. I'd say even better than a 920.

haha yeah thats what i was thinking. i mean my Phenom II 940 is no slouch. but compared to the i7's it doesnt look to hot in benchmarks.

Then i look at my video card (ignore my sig) . the 4870 will easily be outclassed by anything over a 260/275.

oh well.

But have you seen the 4 thread maximum in the last three classes? That's where all Phenom IIs will be. If there are i7s in these teams, either they are 750s or they have HT disabled, thus losing their advantage in wPrime.

I'd join if I could be of any help, but my rig is a bit outdated nowadays. Good luck guys!

We don't know of any team yet, so I'll write down your name and well see by then. :) Also who knows, you might have upgraded since then!

Your i7 860 is also a very strong contender. I'd say even better than a 920.

Depends on the 920! :thumbs-up:

But have you seen the 4 thread maximum in the last three classes? That's where all Phenom IIs will be. If there are i7s in these teams, either they are 750s or they have HT disabled, thus losing their advantage in wPrime.

We don't know of any team yet, so I'll write down your name and well see by then. :) Also who knows, you might have upgraded since then!

I need a dice pot it looks like

Nice. We already have 15 players. A whole team is 18. We should have many more players by then, but that doesn't mean we can make extra teams, which would have as much chance to win the participation prizes.