Sign in to follow this  
sack_patrol

Antec 902 question

So I've never really had time to waste on this but now I've got nothing to do so I guess I could sort it out.

My case's Power LED cable has a dual female. My Mobo's manual though, shows how to plug in a female end with 3 holes. I tried to just plug it into the first 2 (if it was with 3 then the first 3) but it didn't work. So where do I plug in this dual one so that the light (wherever it is...I don't really know what kind of led's there are on my case except the fan leds lol...I think the same problem goes for the hdd led...don't really remember). It doesn't really bother me if I don't have those wired up....less cables to manage. I've put every other cable from the case but the Power and reset buttons in the little hole where they come from...right under the case top thingy of the inside...i dunno it's understandable but thats not the point lol.

Also is it bad for PC health if I try to wire those case thingys (power and hdd led) while the PC is ON? Like just putting them in random places untill 1 works.

You sure your mobo doesn't have both? I went though the trouble of changing mine from a 3 pin to a 2 pin (by pulling out the wires and inserting them into a 2-pin piece) to find out after that it had another spot for a 2 pin outside the 'box' where all the other front panel stuff goes. Needless to say I was annoyed, lol.

Ya dude...I'm sure. I tried a couple of stuff but non of them worked. I also did think about changing it from 3 to 2 or whatever but I don't have the required stuff and tools...I just wanna know if it's bad if I try to plug and unplug the stuff while the PC is ON. If it's bad I'm not gonna waste my time switching it on and off just for a stupid led that I can't even see since my PC is on the desk so I can't see the front panel.

I wouldn't recommend connecting/disconnecting any of those with the motherboard powered on. Too much risk of ESD damage if you're not careful. It would suck to mess up something just trying to get an led to work.

Edited by wevsspot

Exactly...well I guess thats it. I'm really not gonna waste my time with this useless crap. On the bright side(there isn't really any "bad" side), less cables to take place.

Edited by ballist1x

Yep, and I've searched high and low for an owners manual for your Antec case and can't find one anywhere. I looked inside of my 900 and it has a standard plug for a single power light, so I'm not sure what the scoop is with the dual plugs on the 902. I even looked around at some reviews online and customer reviews at NewEgg and I can't find anywhere someone is mentioning that issue with the dual plugs. Hopefully someone else here at OCC will buy the same case and may be able to offer some assistance if they figure it out.

Good luck in the meantime.

I have the 902 :D There are three 2-pin leads for the; Power switch, HDD LED and Reset switch - is that what you have? From what you are saying I gather it is different which is quite strange =/

I've got dual everything. Yet the MOBO manual shows how to connect with triple. So basically when I gotta connect, I need 1 and 3. But With my connectors I can only do 1,2 or 2,3. Also the 902 has no manual. It only comes with 2 pieces of paper, 1 for how to mount the floppy, the second showing something else that I don't know what it is. lol Anyway...it's cool...I've tucked away all the cables of the case except the power and reset button up in that little pocket like thing that they all come from...it's at the top of the inside of the case lol...it's neat and I don't wanna have to take it all apart n stuff since my cpu cooler is big and I can't get my hand in there to take all the wires out, look for the ones I need...put all the others back... I actually got hit by the heatsink fan while I was trying to look at the cables there...lol

I understand. If you ever want to get back into your case I think you can make it work though.

Your front panel pin assignments have your odd numbers on the top row and even numbers on the bottom row (bottom row being the row closest to the edge of the motherboard when it is oriented in the standard position)

So top row pins are;

19-17-15-13-11-9-7-5-3-1

Bottom row pins are;

20-18-16-14-12-10-8-6-4-2

Pin #2 = LED PWR (+)

Pin #4 = LED PWR STDBY (+)

Pin #6 = LED PWR (-)

You would need to split your two pin plug (the prongs can easily be removed from the plastic casing or cut the plastic casing with a box knife)

Once the prongs are removed insulate the individual leads with some shink tubing or piece of electrical tape.

Plug the positive lead of the power led into Pin #2

Plug the negative lead of the power led into Pin #6

I think that you probably already know the pin assignments since this ain't your first rodeo, but in your post up top you said you needed pins #1 and #3 - but you really need pins #2 and #6.

Edited by wevsspot

ya ya ... I used 1 and 3 as an example to say the there is always a middle one that is in the way or w/e...lol. I'll just leave it be for now...one day if I have nothing else to do I might try this. Also I did think of cutting the plastic thingy but I was too lazy and just wanted to finish my PC faster so I can see it work lol.

EDIT: I was just looking at my manual and I see that the hdd led is a 2 pin like my case connector...I think I remember that I actually had it plugged in and it didn't work at all...for some reason (yes I did try to turn the connector around). Anyway. XD

Edited by ballist1x