time for a new PC

ioszhka

Hello,

So... the time has come for a new machine. I'll use it for gaming, photo editing and maybe some programming. I already made a build for it, but I wanna check with u guys first, so i won't make any mistakes. btw, this is my first build :D. So here it goes:

First of all, i'm planning on buying a 24" monitor with 1920*1200 resolution. Second of all, my budget is about 800-900$.

Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3

Processor: Intel i5 750

Memory: i'm at a loss here:))

Video Card: any HD 5850, but in case i won't find it on stock, what would you recommend instead?

Cooler: 3Rsystem IceAge BossII or Cooler Master V8. If you know a better cooler, or one with a better bang for the buck ratio, please feel free to say(I plan to overclock my processor.)

Case: Cooler Master RC-690

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB or Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB(which one would you recommend?)

Which PSU would you recommend? I don't think i will crossfire anytime soon.

Thanks in advance for the help:).

Edited by ioszhka

looks pretty good!

Memory: since it's Intel, look for any DDR3 4GB kit that requires no more than 1.65v, timings won't really matter as you won't notice or experience any difference.

Cooler: You may want to check out the Prolimatech Megahalem or Mega Shadow (which is just a Megahalem in black) they are both great coolers and around the price range of the CM V8, i believe.

Storage: both the WD Black and Samsung are good HDDs, so whiche ever has the lower price tag :)

a 5770 would be nice alternative if you don't mind OC'n. Check out Seagate drives too, they are often priced right.

for memory get some 1600mhz sticks

a 600-750W PSU is adequate for pretty much anything

Edited by IVIYTH0S

The sunbeam is easily one of the best coolers for dollar spent, it should definitely take you pretty far

So long as you can mount the cooler to the 1156 socket. Far as I know, Sunbeam has not produced the adapter for the P55 boards.. it currently supports 775 and 1366, as well as all the AMDs. I just haven't heard much of them supporting 1156.. yet.

For a power supply, I think you'd be plenty happy with the Corsair 620HX. It'd be more than capable of running what you want and should give you plenty of years. It can currently be found for 150 USD on Newegg, plus it has a 40 USD rebate to knock it down to 110.

So long as you can mount the cooler to the 1156 socket. Far as I know, Sunbeam has not produced the adapter for the P55 boards.. it currently supports 775 and 1366, as well as all the AMDs. I just haven't heard much of them supporting 1156.. yet.

For a power supply, I think you'd be plenty happy with the Corsair 620HX. It'd be more than capable of running what you want and should give you plenty of years. It can currently be found for 150 USD on Newegg, plus it has a 40 USD rebate to knock it down to 110.

DOH!! Good point, I forgot he was running an i5. Been suggesting so many AM3 builds lately :D

The Xigmateks have always made great coolers for the money and the fans they include are pretty good as well. If you have room add another to the back of the cooler for a push/pull combo and the hot air will exit out thy back. Your OC plans will benefit from this as well.

For memory, staying under the 1.65 is a good thing as well.

Patriot Viper 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 $108.99 w/ Free Shipping

Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 $109.99 ($99.99 after rebate)

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 $94.99

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 $95.99