Sign in to follow this  
Coolzero101

Censored internet in the military.

I've made some posts here on the forum, however when trying to read posts or reply I get a blank white screen with

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here .

I've tried base internet at the recreation center, I've tried the free wireless internet in the barracks, and I've tried my buddies connection he pays for in his room (he has his own modem). I've used 3 different computers and I've tried different browsers. It seems I just can't use this forum ANYWHERE on this base. Are they even censoring internet we pay for now in the military? This is bs. I got it to work once with a proxy however it was an unreliable connection.

I've made some posts here on the forum, however when trying to read posts or reply I get a blank white screen with

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here .

I've tried base internet at the recreation center, I've tried the free wireless internet in the barracks, and I've tried my buddies connection he pays for in his room (he has his own modem). I've used 3 different computers and I've tried different browsers. It seems I just can't use this forum ANYWHERE on this base. Are they even censoring internet we pay for now in the military? This is bs. I got it to work once with a proxy however it was an unreliable connection.

The only internet that is blocked is what you use on your government computers. The internet you pay for isn't blocked unless for some reason they forced them to. Normally it's whatever company says they can provide the service the cheapest.

And if it was blocked, you wouldn't have that message, you would get the "This page is blocked, blah blah blah if you think this shouldn't be blocked, shut up and color" essentially.

It doesn't come up with anything about blocking. I know at my school it comes up saying this site has been blocked contact administrator. As Andrewr05 said, do any other sites do this?

IPS = Invision Power Services, aka the company that makes Invision Power Board, aka the platform these forums run on.

It's a forum problem and has nothing to do with being censored.

This topic should be in "Site Help" instead of "Networking and Internet."

IPS = Invision Power Services, aka the company that makes Invision Power Board, aka the platform these forums run on.

It's a forum problem and has nothing to do with being censored.

This topic should be in "Site Help" instead of "Networking and Internet."

Correct. Fun thing about government computer vs civilian. You'll know if it's blocked because it says it is. Hell, even a lot of ads are blocked. Kinda makes it nice at work.