Memory Changes

So I finally got around to trying to make my RAM run at the advertised speed.

I made some BIOS changes but would like an explanation of what CPUZ is telling me.

Attached are the Memory and SPD screenshots.

Does the Memory tab tell me what I am actually running at? and the SPD tab tell me what the RAM is telling CPUZ?

Why does SPD tell me "PC2-6400 (400MHz)"? Shouldn't it say PC2-8500?

I finally have the RAM running at 1066, right?

Are the timings decent or would I be better off letting the Mobo set all of this and revert back to the original settings.

How can I measure the performance changes between my new settings and the original?

Thanks for all the help!

post-67055-1257973228_thumb.png

post-67055-1257973238_thumb.png

Don't worry, they are running at their stock speeds ;)

As the timings leave it as it is, you won't notice any substantial difference by lowering them.

If you want to overclock your memory and see the performance gains from your default speeds just run some benchmarks or games and see if there is a difference.

Edited by ScapeGoat

Don't worry, they are running at their stock speeds ;)

As the timings leave it as it is, you won't notice any substantial difference by lowering them.

If you want to overclock your memory and see the performance gains from your default speeds just run some benchmarks or games and see if there is a difference.

Thanks for the reply...

Can you suggest some free benchmarking software so that I can measure the results of my changes?

Also, do you know why SPD reads "PC2-6400 (400MHz)"? My RAM is supposed to be PC2-8500,

Thanks again :thumbs-up: