XFX 4770 OC Help!

MJCRO

Alright, so I got my Dual Slot verison of XFX's 4770 which I really love by the way :lol: , got it registered and everything. So it's been like an hour into it running and I want to OC past CCC limits of 830/850. This card is amazingly good at overclocking, but none of my app's seem to work. I tried MSI Afterburner, sadly it doesn't support voltage tweaking because the regulator is different on this non-reference card, but I can't OC past CCC limits in it either. I'm not sure on Rivatuner because it doesn't even recognize the drivers for it.

Anyway, any suggestions on how to get past the CCC limits with different programs, none seem to work for me. Any suggestions on voltage tweaking with this non-reference card too.

God, I miss my old system of Crossfire'd 5770's with Smart doctor, back to the old tricks it is!

Thanks in advance! :D

Edited by MJCRO

You should be using RivaTuner with the added information for the config file. You can OC the snot out of it afterwards.

I was able to successfully OC my 4770 to 890MHz Core and 1055MHz Memory without touching the voltage or cooling system.

Here is the link to the programs you will need:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/overclocking...adeon-hd-4770/2

Good luck!

You should be using RivaTuner with the added information for the config file. You can OC the snot out of it afterwards.

I was able to successfully OC my 4770 to 890MHz Core and 1055MHz Memory without touching the voltage or cooling system.

Here is the link to the programs you will need:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/overclocking...adeon-hd-4770/2

Good luck!

It's weird, I tried this, but it still won't recognize my 4770 9.10 catalyst driver. + I'm running on Win 7 x64. So I need some insite on this. :thumbs-up:

EDIT: Wait, Wait, nvm trying it again I'll get back to you.

Edited by MJCRO

Did you actually go in to the Config file and add in the card?

If not you have to in order for it to recognize:

1. Open folder where you have installed RivaTuner

2. Right Click Config file and Open With Notepad

3. Scroll to [GPU_1002] section in the Config file and locate the the very last line “RV770 = 9440h-9443h,944Ch" and add “, 94B3h” to the end. Without the "" marks of course

4. Save and Restart Computer

5 Try again

Good luck!

Edited by OCFreak

Did you actually go in to the Config file and add in the card?

If not you have to in order for it to recognize:

1. Open folder where you have installed RivaTuner

2. Right Click Config file and Open With Notepad

3. Scroll to [GPU_1002] section in the Config file and locate the the very last line

Edited by MJCRO

The unsigned driver is likely your issue. Uninstall it from the system, restart, press F8 and disable Unsigned Driver restrictions, reinstall program and try again.

It should work just fine. I am running Windows 7 x64 as well.

The unsigned driver is likely your issue. Uninstall it from the system, restart, press F8 and disable Unsigned Driver restrictions, reinstall program and try again.

It should work just fine. I am running Windows 7 x64 as well.

Thx for your help man, got it to work, I'll let you know about my OC's. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I've had problems with 2 separate XFX 4770's I recieved over the last 4 weeks from Newegg. Both cards have refused to give me a welcome screen AFTER booting into bios. Can anyone on this site look at my machine profile below and see any reason why both of these cards refuse to give me a Windows screen? I know that the slot is good because I bought an XFX 4350 to test it, and that card works fine. I installed the drivers for that card off the XFX disk that came with it, so it seems that those drivers should allow the 4770 to function at some level prior to installing its drivers. The machine works fine with the 4350 installed, but will not show me the welcome screen with the 4770 installed. I'm using the provided DVI to VGA adapter to go to a Proview 19 iinch monitor because that's what I test my gear on. The fan on the card is working. Can someone suggest what I'm missing as I can't believe that Newegg would send me two bad cards in a row. The odds of that are unbelievable. Thanks in advance for any help I find here. Marius-Mark

Machine:

Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR MB

Intel Q9400 cpu

Noctua 775 cooler

4 gigs of Kingston PC3 10600

Soundblaster XFI card

HDD is a WD 750

The OS is XP Pro/32bit (I think)

PS is an Antec True Power 550

CD drive is a 48X Lite-on

Marius-Mark

Edited by Marius-Mark