New Rig Game/Media/Cad Work horse

DWILLWY

I am Finally ready to build my next rig.

Main uses:

1. My DVR / Media machine (for the 42 inch LG LCD in my bedroom.)

2. Moderate Gaming (Aion).

3. Auto Cad.

My Budget is $1400-$1600 usd - Not actually buying till xmass-tax return range unless I see something drop dirt cheap and I have the cash.

What I have selected:

Case

Edited by DWILLWY

I have that mobo, however I don't use the integrated gfx, so I can't testify as to the quality of the HDMI output, sorry.

However I do know that with the HD3k (not sure about HD2k) and up, audio output is supported through HDMI, and I am fairly certain that applies to the integrated chips as well as the discrete cards. :)

Please dear god dump the VelociRaptor lol, and since your budget's pretty big I'd get an i5.

may I ask why I see a rebranded 9800gtx+ as your graphics card.

after some research i strongly agree on the i5. , would elaborate on the raptor and sugest a better graphics card for around the same cost please, ill post my new mb/cpu/ram after i get some more research done

:typing:

after some research i strongly agree on the i5. , would elaborate on the raptor and sugest a better graphics card for around the same cost please, ill post my new mb/cpu/ram after i get some more research done

:typing:

Modern 7200rpm drives are faster than the raptor, while being cheaper and having more storage.

The 5750 is a good alternative to the 250, though I'm sure you'll have alot of money to get a much better card

I thought Auto Cad needed a workstation video card for it's overlays and such.Does it work well with reg video cards?Have you used it before with reg cards?Be interesting to hear just how well it does with non workstation cards.

recomended video card list looks like I was wrong.

Edited by wildman2

I thought Auto Cad needed a workstation video card for it's overlays and such.Does it work well with reg video cards?Have you used it before with reg cards?Be interesting to hear just how well it does with non workstation cards.

i have never used anything but the auto cad 2007 lt edition(labtop) but am planning to install it on this desktop insted. basically on my labtop it starts slowly and generally runs slow and laggy. wonder if i can get autocad 2010 full cheap through colleage :)

Oh and i am currently looking at the SAPPHIRE 100283L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) - $ 169.99 :typing:

recomended video card list looks like I was wrong.

lol I found this on the list requirements and it cracked me up

Gooch hardware shader

i have never used anything but the auto cad 2007 lt edition(labtop) but am planning to install it on this desktop insted. basically on my labtop it starts slowly and generally runs slow and laggy. wonder if i can get autocad 2010 full cheap through colleage :)

Oh and i am currently looking at the SAPPHIRE 100283L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) - $ 169.99 :typing:

looks nice

lol I found this on the list requirements and it cracked me up

And best of all its the first line.

Ok updating first post to include graphics, also Can anyone link me a good cpu block for the i5 or tell me if say a Black Ice Xtreme II 240mm Radiator would lineup for bolt on the two 120mm fans on back of case?

The PSU looks nice on the combo deal with 1200 but I doubt you would need anything more than a 450W PSU for the system.. so I'd say get a 650W at the max unless you are looking to upgrade big time with crossfire and all..

EDIT: This mobo has USB3.0 with SATA III http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131606

RAM: I'd say go for DDR3 1600 at the min. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820231303 or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820227324

Edited by nns