Quadro FX 4600

whenyournex2me

Hello! I have some questions I have to get answered so I can start a new path with a hobby/oppertunity. Would you folks please care to assist me?

I have a Nvidia Quadro fx 4600 graphics card along with a single core, ht, P4, ddr2 desktop. I do have a full x16 bandwidth for descrete video graphics. the mobo is an Asus p5gd2. Its not new, but the most recent build I have had yet! I love it!

screenshot.jpg

My questions relate to the computer too, but mostly the graphics card itself. I will not be using two graphics cards! Just one.

1. From the reviews and comments of other computer enthusiests, its the opinion that this graphics card sucks at producing decent gaming graphics. If that is true, are there any modifactions I can do to the card to increase my happiness of experience when I play games? (games like battlefield, crysis, left for dead, eve online, ect)

2. I cant find a reliable idiot proof resource for drivers compatable with this card... I read there are many different drivers for this ard somewhere. some certified by the companies that make the special graphics editing software. Is this Correct? and if so, where can I find this resource of drivers and explanations for their use?

3. I have loved and appreciated graphics for a while, but never had a card or computer. I do now. Im very excited, and ambitious, anxious as well, to get some demo softwares and start learning hands on stuff... but, I do not know where to go. I need help finding my path. just some direction and encouragment. I want to produce animation and graphics videos for the music I produce. also, visuals such like you would see at a Pink Floyd concert or a group like Orbital, Crystal Method, Nine inch Nails ect... weird stuff... lol Do I have the right card, what software should I consider? Are they all expensive?

4. back to the first question, I understand this quadro fx 4600 card has a g80 gpu, the same in the 8800gt series ge force cards...

with given the exception for driver support, whats different about the cards? I really want a data sheet comparing the 8800gt and a fx4600. I guess I like to play video games, and I wish there is or could be something I can or could learn to do, to make the card perform top notch! I am willing to buy liquidcooling for the graphics card, or at least an aftermarket cooler and extra fan.

5. The busline from the graphics port to where/ever it goes, either cpu, or memory, or both and then monitor? can I increase that speed? the fsb of the graphics? I have a decent bios and mobo for its time, but can I increase the frequency alone to help improve the graphics quality or speed refresh? (higher FPS)?

Thanks in advance and Thanks for reading my post!

Dathan.

Edited by whenyournex2me

I have a Nvidia Quadro fx 4600 graphics card

1. From the reviews and comments of other computer enthusiests, its the opinion that this graphics card sucks at producing decent gaming graphics. If that is true, are there any modifactions I can do to the card to increase my happiness of experience when I play games? (games like battlefield, crysis, left for dead, eve online, ect)

Not sure this is possible, might be something that could be down with nvstrap (part of rivatuner) I googled but only turned up how to turn 8800gts into 4600 and not the other way around.