dented pin on the motherboard??

llhuskyll

errr where is the dented pin?? cannot oc my FSB. FSB+1 also crash

some guy say take out the dented pin to oc. his "fren's mobo had a dented pin , it crash even he OC for a little bit ~

after he fix the pin , he can OC mornally"

where is it?

Processor - INTEL CORE 2 DUO E8500 3.16HGZ W/ 6MB L2 CACHE

Motherboard - MSI P45 NEO2-FR

Casing - Cooler Master GLADIATOR 600

Power Supply - ANDYSON F650W PSU

Graphics Card - PALIT GTX260 896MB SONIC

Hard Disk - Seagate 1TB 3.5 SATA 32MB

RAM - OCZ REAPER HPC PC2 8500 4GB DDR2 KIT (2X2GB)

SOFTWARE - WINDOWS VISTA "32BIT

I'm not entirely sure how to answer this. A dented pin is most likely due to some possible damage done to his particular motherboard...unless there is a common "dented pin" on those motherboards. What are you using to overclock? How are you going about changing your settings? What settings have you changed? So you're saying if you up the FSB by 1mhz, the computer crashes? This seems very strange to me. Maybe a little more information could help us out a bit.

A "dented pin" is most likely on the CPU socket, where all of the pins are. Take your CPU out, and look for any pins that may not look like the others. If you see any, you can try to straighten it with a needle or something.

Welcome to OCC by the way :)

Edited by airman

if it was a bent piece of metal in the mobo i cannot see it working whatsoever,not only failing at overclock. maybe the guy had a halfway busted cap on the board? but this is sink or swim errors with or without the OC .a damaged mobo is going to react very poorly if at all if its actually damaged. i have a feeling someone had problems that needed a RMA and this is a software controlled problem..

I agree with both of the above, If it is suppose to be bent then that should not be a problem. Go the the motherboard maker web site forums and read about your board to see what they have done. If it was bent buy some other means the best fix is to find it and repair it. It would not seem likely that you would remove any pin.

I'm not entirely sure how to answer this. A dented pin is most likely due to some possible damage done to his particular motherboard...unless there is a common "dented pin" on those motherboards. What are you using to overclock? How are you going about changing your settings? What settings have you changed? So you're saying if you up the FSB by 1mhz, the computer crashes? This seems very strange to me. Maybe a little more information could help us out a bit.

A "dented pin" is most likely on the CPU socket, where all of the pins are. Take your CPU out, and look for any pins that may not look like the others. If you see any, you can try to straighten it with a needle or something.

Welcome to OCC by the way :)

Im using DualCoreCenter

hmm not really by 1mhz. Up by 10mhz waited afew mins than it go to "Bule"

I go to the BIOS to up the fsb after that it will not start up at all.. i took out the motherboard battery''is this what you call it? :P" and reset the BIOS... and after that the stat up is not the same, now they are showing the MSI Image when boot-up. will it change anything on the BIOS??

Haha Thx :D OCC help me lots.

removing the battery will reset your BIOS to its default settings ( the battery allows user preferences to be saved onto the ROM and kept there)

sometime logos are initally used to cover up the inital boot sequence, which can be disabled.

try upping the voltage on your CPU by 1, (up to the next setting) and then try the 10mhz

make sure anything type of quiet-n-cool or downstepping function is disabled.

however when i oc and get BSOD nonstop i usually look at my ram first. try underclocking it just a tad and see if it help

removing the battery will reset your BIOS to its default settings ( the battery allows user preferences to be saved onto the ROM and kept there)

sometime logos are initally used to cover up the inital boot sequence, which can be disabled.

try upping the voltage on your CPU by 1, (up to the next setting) and then try the 10mhz

make sure anything type of quiet-n-cool or downstepping function is disabled.

however when i oc and get BSOD nonstop i usually look at my ram first. try underclocking it just a tad and see if it help

you say by upping the voltage by 1 from "1.280v" to "2.280v" is this so.

quiet-n-cool or downstepping function is disabled??

what is BSOD? sorry for asking. underclocking the FSB to see if it help??