Maximumpc best-of-the-best list

davidst

Some of you may or may not agree with this list but I think for the most part it's pretty good.

The reason I was looking at it is I am in the market for a new dvd-rw drive the Samsung SH-S223 looks good.

Anyway it's a good way to start some discussion(s) :rolleyes:

http://www.maximumpc.com/best-of-the-best

i personally have to discredit any best of the best of the best (sir!) list when it includes a Microsoft Natural Keyboard...

and I lol'd when I saw the 4870 listed as low-end graphics :lol: I could understand midrange, nowadays, but low-end? certainly not, imo.

Aside from it's lack of AM3 and the aforementioned, it was alright..

i personally have to discredit any best of the best of the best (sir!) list when it includes a Microsoft Natural Keyboard...

and I lol'd when I saw the 4870 listed as low-end graphics :lol: I could understand midrange, nowadays, but low-end? certainly not, imo.

Aside from it's lack of AM3 and the aforementioned, it was alright..

i was a little confused by all the intel MB selections but only one AMD based board. and it was an AM2 board at that! .. thats terrible

I could not disagree with some of the selections. For cases if you have not looked inside the ATCS 840 you do not know what you are missing. The Microsoft Natural keyboard is my keyboard of choice because of the size of my hands. It is much easier for me to use than a standard keyboard.

The monitor category was for Budget monitors so a 22 inch fits in that category pretty well.

I could not disagree with some of the selections. For cases if you have not looked inside the ATCS 840 you do not know what you are missing. The Microsoft Natural keyboard is my keyboard of choice because of the size of my hands. It is much easier for me to use than a standard keyboard.

The monitor category was for Budget monitors so a 22 inch fits in that category pretty well.

I am not a fan of the ATCS but thats just me.

You would think they would list other monitors since they list the I7 975 on the first page that was my point on that.

Air Cooler Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme - Uh no, there are better coolers for cheaper

I'm not going to even waste my breath on the video card selection, same with the processors.

MaximumPC.....wrong18.jpg

anyone else find this list kind of pointless?

It isn't a bad list for people who don't know much about PC's and want to get a general idea of the state of electronics. It might not be perfect but it is probably more help to the other 98% of the population who aren't as tech savvy as they think.