This is how PC Gaming piracy should be tackled!

Avinexis

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, what is this with SecurRom or those other programs, I have never in my life had any issues with it. Seriously where do you get these errors? I have at least 50+ games(Probably even 100+) and not a single game has made me have issues because of SecurRom or other security programs.

Just because you don't have them doesn't mean others don't. :P

Another big issue is that you're almost never told when that crap is going to get installed and I really dislike rootkits and similarly annoying malware on my machines.

I dont know why they bother with all those stupid software securitys(securom being the worst) All games get cracked wether it takes a day or a week.Its just wasted money on the developers part.

Just because you don't have them doesn't mean others don't. :P

Another big issue is that you're almost never told when that crap is going to get installed and I really dislike rootkits and similarly annoying malware on my machines.

It also includes a lot of my friends that use PC's. It seems like people just download some bad stuff and then they complain that its the game. Or they just can't read(Bioshock there is a limit on how many times you can install, don't classy lady if you can't read :lol:)

I just think that it is actually other things that ruin it. The only CD Drive that has broken was from Xbox 360 and those obviously don't have any SecurRom(Correct?)

I just think that it is actually other things that ruin it.

My old DVD drive would never authenticate properly, I had to replace it.

Just because you haven't had nightmares with it doesn't mean others don't. You and your friends aren't exactly a good sample size. :P

My old DVD drive would never authenticate properly, I had to replace it.

Just because you haven't had nightmares with it doesn't mean others don't. You and your friends aren't exactly a good sample size. :P

Out of like 10,000 people maybe 1 has issues, and maybe your old drive was at its end either way...One person isn't a good sample size either, look at the thread, no one here has had issues, or so they say..

Just because most people don't get errors because of it doesn't mean they don't think it's bull crap they have to deal with it in the first place.

What does it do though? Where is the proof/test that prove that it screws up computers?

What does it do though? Where is the proof/test that prove that it screws up computers?

True that it doesn't "Mess up" your computer (as far as I'm aware), but it's the psychology of knowing that you've bought a physical copy of a game only to have it incredibly limited when it comes to installs. SecuRom is only effective in one area and that is when it comes to friends loaning friends their disks, and let's face it, amongst PC gamers that is a small percentage in the whole "Piracy scene".

If there's a game that I'm REALLY looking forward to but is known to have DRM, I'll buy it and install the game once, then torrent the DRM free version and run that in the future should I need to reinstall it.

Although truth be told in a lot of cases I already have said DRM free version before purchase <_< But at least that means it's unopened and brand new should I decide to sell it off =P

And here's the article on disconnecting pirates; Net Pirates to be 'Disconnected'

I have a feeling even the "smaller" punishments will cause one heck of an uproar.