RAM question

OK so I read a little bit about ram stuffs because I don't know much, and I fell across an interesting for me little paragraph which I would like to have some help understanding. Here is the piece:

Ok, so you’ve overclocked your system and Prime95 ran for 14 minutes and crapped out. You’re already at max vcore, you’ve got an appropriate memory divider, and you’ve tweaked vdimm. What should you do? Adjust the timings!

Start by increasing TRAS. Go up to the max if you need to and if this solves your problem then you’re golden. If not, then try increasing TRCD and TRP. If that doesn’t work, then you may need to bump up your CAS Delay. Since there are 4 timings, you may need to experiment a little to find the right mix to get you through a 12 hour session of Prime95 . or at least 1 1/2 hours of Memtest

What I don't get in this is, when he says "Start by increasing th TRAS. Go up to the max..." Is he referring the max like as in the highest number or the lowest number? Same goes for the other clocks. Actually I find it all a bit confusing as to what he is suggesting. Can someone please clear things a little for me. Would appreciate it. :)

Edited by ballist1x

if your failing tests, you'd want to loosen timings. tightening timings wont do anything but perhaps make it more unstable.

so when he says increasing TRAS, he means loosen the timing. eg. if TRAS is 20 raise to to 21 or something higher, not down to 19.

Alright. Thats fine...only problem...it doesn't work ROFL. I officially declare this cpu as non 4.0Ghz makeable. lol. I guess I just got one of the chips that don't deliver anything special...I guess a quad would work but the oc will be really low which I don't prefer. Time to tighten timings...but later...I'm bored of bios XD.