nVidia is trying to shoot down the Hydra...

Waco

I am beginning to like nvidia less and less as time passes. They would seriously have to make a killer DX11 card for me to go back.

if they ever make a dx11 game..

and what if DX11 is never used? thats like saying ati better make a kingtut PhysX card.

DX10.1 didn't exactly change the world.

i personally think its time for a third party to come and and slap both them around. too bad i am more and more having a feeling that larrabee won't be much ;\

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and what if DX11 is never used?

too bad i am more and more having a feeling that larrabee won't be much

There are already about a dozen of officially announced DX11 games :)

And Larrabee... well, it's first generation, it's been delayed for years... I'm guessing it'll be fairly good at general computing, but I'm not expecting too much as far as gaming goes. We'll see!

seems this time charlie had the decency to debunk his own article by posting this response from MSI.

The MSI P55 Big Bang with NVIDIA NF200 was already planned in December 2008, almost one year ago. MSI showcased this board on Cebit 2009 which was reported by many media like http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?id=24935&catid=2 and there are also photos which show very clearly the NF200 chip: http://images.hardware.info/news/cebit-day2-23.jpg. MSI Big Bang Trinergy (NF200) is already announced and will go into mass production by the end of November.

The MSI Big Bang Fuzion (Hydra 200) hardware is ready. Currently Lucid is optimizing the driver for Windows 7 so that it works stable and in all configurations (Including Mix & Match mode). Because MSI is dedicated to bring high quality and stable product on the market we decided to postpone the Big Bang Fuzion (Hydra 200) pending the MSI internal qualification assurance test. The Big Bang Fuzion (Hydra 200) will be released when it’s driver is finished which is most likely Q1 2010.

so can we put down the pitchforks already?

Edited by psycho_terror

This is bad.. Real Bad :( Plus i have always liked MSI as a company and their products have always been good to me. I hope they fight those Nvidiots Tooth and nail till the last breath because i do NOT want to see them going out with a big bang, how can Intel can get sued for LESS blatant anti competitive behavior and Nvidia get away with all its been doing? :angry2:

Here's the problem.

see it's complete BS, they go out of the effin way to disable crap instead of just beating it. Like why not LET ati and physx (via dedicated nvidia card) work together. Why not LET the hydra work with your effin hardware, it's clearly a BETTER technology.

they don't have to SUPPORT it, just don't FIGHT it. They need to invest their time in their own crap, and stop putting parking boots on any good competitors technology

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Here's the problem.

thanks, but i'm not retarded.

when i see a bunch of articles that are all spouting the same claptrap using each other as sources i usually look for the official responses, such as the one posted by the MSI rep.

the article you linked to describing the problem has nothing to back up what it's saying, it's speculation. they claim to know that nvidia are breaking hydra support in their drivers for gods sake. now nvidia has to get bad press over things they haven't even done yet?

thanks, but i'm not retarded.

when i see a bunch of articles that are all spouting the same claptrap using each other as sources i usually look for the official responses, such as the one posted by the MSI rep.

the article you linked to describing the problem has nothing to back up what it's saying, it's speculation. they claim to know that nvidia are breaking hydra support in their drivers for gods sake. now nvidia has to get bad press over things they haven't even done yet?

MSI can't say:

"nVidia is forcibly putting out drivers to debunk the Hydra chip by Lucid".

IMO, nVidia is a faggot.

MSI can't say:

"nVidia is forcibly putting out drivers to debunk the Hydra chip by Lucid".

IMO, nVidia is a faggot.

*sigh*

just because they can't say it doesn't automatically make it true. all that's happened so far is that the first hydra board has been delayed because according to MSI the drivers aren't ready yet.