NYC 2010!

airman

:withstupid:

I did New Year's once and it's totally not worth it. I'd rather sit in a warm cafe downtown and watch it on TV while sipping on a hot drink, or getting plastered :P

We definitely aren't going to do new year's in Times Square. We might be back in central park and watch the ball drop if anything. Thanks for the info so far guys :)

I was in Times Square for Black Friday...believe me, some days, you just don't want to be in the middle of a massive crowd :P

Sounds like you've got a pretty good list of a what to do. I've had some damn good belgian fries in the east village. Pommes Frites.

Well, I have lived here for 5 years or so ... and there is a ton to see for sure. Here are a couple recommendations of mine:

1. Burger and Cupcakes (at the corner of 35th St and 9th Ave) great real burgers and the cupcakes are amazing!!!

2. The castle in the middle of Central Park overlooking the city (if there is snow it is gorgeous)

3. The Brooklyn Bridge and on the Brooklyn side there is an amazing pizza place called Grimaldi's Pizzeria (be prepared to wait)

4. If you like steak a lot and you don't mind paying a bit Jack's Steakhouse on 9th Ave is one of the best I have ever had ... in the world.

5. Skating at the Rockafeller center or going up to the Top Of The Rock is an amazing view (bring a nice camera)

There are several others as well, but they include museums and shows etc.

Have fun! And don't sleep a lot, you may be tired but it will be worth it.

Well, I have lived here for 5 years or so ... and there is a ton to see for sure. Here are a couple recommendations of mine:

1. Burger and Cupcakes (at the corner of 35th St and 9th Ave) great real burgers and the cupcakes are amazing!!!

2. The castle in the middle of Central Park overlooking the city (if there is snow it is gorgeous)

3. The Brooklyn Bridge and on the Brooklyn side there is an amazing pizza place called Grimaldi's Pizzeria (be prepared to wait)

4. If you like steak a lot and you don't mind paying a bit Jack's Steakhouse on 9th Ave is one of the best I have ever had ... in the world.

5. Skating at the Rockafeller center or going up to the Top Of The Rock is an amazing view (bring a nice camera)

There are several others as well, but they include museums and shows etc.

Have fun! And don't sleep a lot, you may be tired but it will be worth it.

Burgers and Cupcakes is rather mediocre and very overpriced. You're better off going to Five Guys Burger and Fries if you want a good burger and the places I mentioned above for cupcakes.

Everything else I highly recommend, especially the Rainbow Room (much better than the observatory at the Empire State Building)

Kash,

Mediocre isn't fair. It is definitely a good burger ... but the selling point are the cupcakes. I don't think that $7.95 for a decent burger in NYC is very reasonable. One of the best burger around here at, in my opinion, is 67 Burger but that requires the hop to Brooklyn.