Can't use a 5870 so give me some suggestions

asus

I emailed and called them.. no answer and no reply..

Ya when did u email them. If you don't have a response I will make one phone call and have it corrected for you personally. XFX has always been really good.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this reminds me of when I got my first 9800GX2, the drivers were horrible and it couldn't game for crap (my friend's 8600GTS could nearly max out FarCry2 but my GX2 ran like only 30 fps if I ran it on lowest), though I'm understanding and still bought a GTX 260 anyway. Since a bad product can come from anybody.

cirro we know the 300 series will blow away the 5 series but where is it?? He needs a card for now, (and one he can afford).

I don't see why he doesn't just RMA the card to XFX....is their Customer Service THAT intimidating. I know newegg's customer service are push overs but XFX will gladly take your card and replace it with a working one.

i meant wait as in "dont rush out and get a 3xx just becasuse its new"

your reason is the perfect reason to. nvidia is pricey. sow hen they come out with a killer , its going to be a killer of cash inyour pocket as well. and how it seems nvidias going, it will probally be just as cheap to get two 5870's lol

-edit-

however, a card that is consisently RMA'd doesn't exactly help him "now" either. having to mail it back, checked and resent to you doesn't happen overnight.

i live by a tigerdirect. i think in that case id just stick it back in the box, drool a little bit and mutter, "i didnt know wut port slot it went into and it dont fit sir" and have them return it for me. lol

Edited by cirro

i meant wait as in "dont rush out and get a 3xx just becasuse its new"

your reason is the perfect reason to. nvidia is pricey. sow hen they come out with a killer , its going to be a killer of cash inyour pocket as well. and how it seems nvidias going, it will probally be just as cheap to get two 5870's lol

-edit-

however, a card that is consisently RMA'd doesn't exactly help him "now" either. having to mail it back, checked and resent to you doesn't happen overnight.

i live by a tigerdirect. i think in that case id just stick it back in the box, drool a little bit and mutter, "i didnt know wut port slot it went into and it dont fit sir" and have them return it for me. lol

but if it was RMA'd to the source of the problem from the get go......:P

TigerDirect will just pushover like newegg (this I know), but that doesn't get your new 5870 to ya.

If the card isn't registered with XFX yet, I'd gladly offer to take it off his hands. I just really don't want another 5870 dropping off the streets

Edited by IVIYTH0S

but if it was RMA'd to the source of the problem from the get go......:P

TigerDirect will just pushover like newegg (this I know), but that doesn't get your new 5870 to ya.

If the card isn't registered with XFX yet, I'd gladly offer to take it off his hands. I just really don't want another 5870 dropping off the streets

It already went back to newegg today for a refund.

<_<

LOL IVI, if you want a 5870 so bad then why not get your 4870x2 RMA'd, because then they have to send you a card which has the closest performance to the one you own, thats how i got myself a Nice spanking new Powercolor 5870 :D :D :D

LOL IVI, if you want a 5870 so bad then why not get your 4870x2 RMA'd, because then they have to send you a card which has the closest performance to the one you own, thats how i got myself a Nice spanking new Powercolor 5870 :D :D :D

lies :lol:

lies :lol:

:O Lies?! I kid you not IVI, infact i was very happy with my 4870x2 untill it blew, and i was hoping they would replace it with another, but then i heard that its discontinued, and the 5870 had been out for just about 2 weeks, so supply was very limited but i made a few phone calls (expressing my concerns) and after about 3 weeks (yeah i know.. <_<) i got word that id be receiving a 5870 as a replacement :)