Can't use a 5870 so give me some suggestions

asus

This is his second card (since he sent the first back to newegg for the same issue).

I forget the exact symptoms he's having though

you should RMA the card....to XFX :thumbs-up:

He might have a bad batch.

I would like to know what its doing maybe I can steer you in the right direction.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bosco- he said that he had an asus, sent it back to newegg, and later recieved an xfx, so I don't think he ever had them in crossfire. he said they both were artifacting.

Asus- did you have them overclocked? did they pass any stress testing at stock speeds? If you're serious about going to nvidia at this point, I think it's a bad move, but it shouldn't be that hard to figure out what card when you know the specific amount of money you want to spend. An easy search tells me you should get a 285 2gb, or spend a little more and get a 295.

ahhh gotcha sorry I must have misread that.

Asus were they stock cards?

Personally if anyone wants to by a 5870 I suggest waiting a few weeks until the dust settles sort of speak. There is some issues that are being address hopefully its fixed soon. But I have a feeling that any ground ATI would have gained on Nvidia is not going to happen that is my opinon just based on what I know at this moment.

How am I hurting myself. I need a computer to use.. thats the bad part. The video cards where always stock. Never OC'ed

I'm saying if you give up the 5870 (a working one), that's a highly valued card right now. Not many people have them, you should feel lucky.

Just send it off to XFX, I'd be starting the RMA process right now. Get it out first thing in the morning :thumbs-up:

this reminds me of when i got my first ford. hated it , didnt work right and broke down all the time. hence i don't want to buy a ford again.

i personally would wait on the 3xx. see what nvidia is going to do witht he release of the 5870 and grab what falls down in price since the upper 2xx series still costs a pretty penny.

this reminds me of when i got my first ford. hated it , didnt work right and broke down all the time. hence i don't want to buy a ford again.

i personally would wait on the 3xx. see what nvidia is going to do witht he release of the 5870 and grab what falls down in price since the upper 2xx series still costs a pretty penny.

this reminds me of when I got my first 9800GX2, the drivers were horrible and it couldn't game for crap (my friend's 8600GTS could nearly max out FarCry2 but my GX2 ran like only 30 fps if I ran it on lowest), though I'm understanding and still bought a GTX 260 anyway. Since a bad product can come from anybody.

cirro we know the 300 series will blow away the 5 series but where is it?? He needs a card for now, (and one he can afford).

I don't see why he doesn't just RMA the card to XFX....is their Customer Service THAT intimidating. I know newegg's customer service are push overs but XFX will gladly take your card and replace it with a working one.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

this reminds me of when I got my first 9800GX2, the drivers were horrible and it couldn't game for crap (my friend's 8600GTS could nearly max out FarCry2 but my GX2 ran like only 30 fps if I ran it on lowest), though I'm understanding and still bought a GTX 260 anyway. Since a bad product can come from anybody.

cirro we know the 300 series will blow away the 5 series but where is it?? He needs a card for now, (and one he can afford).

I don't see why he doesn't just RMA the card to XFX....is their Customer Service THAT intimidating. I know newegg's customer service are push overs but XFX will gladly take your card and replace it with a working one.

I emailed and called them.. no answer and no reply..

Wait, let me get this straight. You had one 5870, it snowed blue on your monitor in dark scenes so you replaced it.

You got an XFX 5870 that did the exact same thing and you didn't start to troubleshoot your other parts?