Can't use a 5870 so give me some suggestions

asus

I have had problems with 2 ATI 5870's so I am going to head over to nvidia again. Please advise me with a comparable solution "nvidia style". Im looking to spend around 400 -425. Thanks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why wouldn't you just RMA the card? It's entirely likely Newegg sent you the exact same card back...

Exactly. Even if it was really a second card you shouldn't give up. Like Waco said RMA the card. It's a waste to give up on such a good card because of a problem.

Newegg.com did not send the same card back... what they did was give me a refund because there where no 5870s in stock.. Later that day, XFX 5870s came into stock, so I got that one "instead of the ASUS card I had"

Also, I really just want a usable computer. The fact that I had 2 bad cards does not lead me to believe ATI has good quality control. And according to some tech messages from ATI, they more then likely have a big batch of faulty ddr5, and that may be causing the MASS failure of these cards.

Also, I really just want a usable computer. The fact that I had 2 bad cards does not lead me to believe ATI has good quality control. And according to some tech messages from ATI, they more then likely have a big batch of faulty ddr5, and that may be causing the MASS failure of these cards.

I have never had any issues with ATI. My friends have had issues with Nvidia. It seems like most other peoples HD5870(Those that have them) are working fine.

perhaps the problem is something else and not the Cards? If you had 2 bad ones in a row, from different manufacturers.. i mean thats not very likley, so maybe theres a competibility issue or something? :unsure:

Edited by SenitaL