A Revitalised Team Occ

tazwegion

It's good being 15hrs. in 'your' future... I just got to see our glorious team OCC lay the smack down on team Pimprig, one of our former Nemisis's @ Jan 8 20:07:44 PST

w00t w00t for us :D

However team MacNN is 21639.6 points in our wake and slowly gaining...

Gotta' keep hard @ it team... :ph34r:

Go Bosco... 27 processes in a week! :D

Go sVperbeast2k5 23 processes... :D

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that a few hours ago, we were only 4000 behind. I thought it was going to end this way. Anyway, I added a 1GHz PIII. However, I'm forced to take my Athlon off my folding team. Between my graphics card problems and the noise of it all night, I just can't do it anymore. Guess I'll just have to rely on my other 15 computers :D

Thats awesome. I'm doing the best i can with my comp. I should be able to pick up maybe 5 p4 1.7ghz and a dozen celerons (varying speeds). That should help.

One would only assume 17 mroe comps would help out. We need it and you could really do some damage on the folding charts. Get what you can and as many as you can going (as many as the power bill or outlets allow :P ) Good job if you can get at least most of them running, that many comps could really stack up some points.

3 running 24/7, 1 running 12 hours/day. As soon as I get a new case, and my copy of Win2k arrives in the mail, I will have my P4 1.3GHz back up and running. The 466MHz Celeron isn't worth the hassle, but it sure would be interesting to see how far I can overclock it with an AMD 2800+ stock cooler. Stupid PCChips mainboard won't let me overclock it, and I can't afford a new board. With the P4, the 4 computers I will have running 24/7 will be enough anyway.

Ahh I see you do know how to run it as a service I assume, otherwise it is pointless. There are plenty of threads about running as a service recently, just check them out. If you need help we are here for ya.

[sIDENOTE]

I was drawing to much power from the singular outlet once I added the 2.5ghz celly @3.1 I bought yesterday. I woke up this morining with no alarm and NO folding comps on, lost 8 hrs on 6 machines. I guess the celly will make it up in the end, but watch power draw out of a single outlet, it CAN pop a breaker.

[/sIDENOTE]

One outlet in my room has 4 power strips and one huge surge surpressor hooked up to it lol.

Not daisy chained off eachother I hope... Wait, I guess that's the only way you could do it as described, that's amazing.

Oh well I forgot the major focus of this post we passed pimp rig finally!!!!!! :P:smack:

Good job all and I am really happy with all the new folders here for OCC, keep up the good work and keep the WU coming. Let's give MacNN a run for there money!!!! :ph34r:

Good job all and I am really happy with all the new folders here for OCC, keep up the good work and keep the WU coming. Let's give MacNN a run for there money!!!!  :ph34r:

Oh you can count on that....

If i we go down... we are gonna come down swinging....

Have no fear gonna install folding on my dads 733 P3.. and hopefully two more of my friends P4's.... but thats still not enough.... we need more machines :blink:

Quote from Waterboy

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

The 466MHz Celeron isn't worth the hassle

What is this blasphemy?!!!?! :P

466mhz is almost equal to my top Intel OC of 500mhz... trust me, 'that' celeron would do one of the largest of the WU's in 'little' over a week, obviously less for the smaller WU's... so it's definitely worth the hassle :D

I'm sooo offended :P:lol: