animated GIF making program

JBags

Hey OCC,

I'm looking for a good (preferably free) Animated GIF making program..

I have this bishin' idea for an animated wallpaper and I did all the Photoshop work, just need to put it together...

I used to use Adobe's ImageReady.. but apparently it's discontinued as it's not in CS3...

Thanks!

okay I'll check that Gimp out..

I found a trialware one called Ulead on download.com

it gets what i need done (essentially just switching images each frame and each frame has like 10-20 sec)

and i tested it out and made changes.. but now when i go to test the revised GIF Windows XP just sets the original test as the background and not the revised one..

i've tried changing file names, save locations...nothing.. XP just keeps setting the original gif as the background.. <_<

i can't wait till i upgrade my laptop to 7 over thanksgiving break.. i can just use 7's slideshow feature to do the same thing..

hey thanks for the suggestions guys.

however, after playing with the trialware I downloaded, and testing my idea, I think I'm gonna scrap this project.

XP is leaving artifacts from previous frames in the background and the text box (or w/e you call it) around the icon text is a dark blue when i have a .gif set as the background instead of typical transparent...

thanks for the help though.

Hey OCC,

I'm looking for a good (preferably free) Animated GIF making program..

I have this bishin' idea for an animated wallpaper and I did all the Photoshop work, just need to put it together...

I used to use Adobe's ImageReady.. but apparently it's discontinued as it's not in CS3...

Thanks!

Photoshop CS3 and CS4 have "ImageReady" within. Go to Window --> Animation.

Virtual Dub is as simply as it can get.

Open a video with it, select in the time frame what part of the video you want the gif to be made, choose a size for the gif and finally export it as a gif.