Mounting Coolermast HAF 932 on wheels

Well my first and only disappointment "knock on wood" with my coolermast haf 932 was the wheels that were included with the case broke upon first use on thin carpet. A disapointment yes, But a great opertunity to modify a bit. Soo. here we go.

To start, I purchased some wheels from ace hardware. I could not find a wheel that could fit upon the original wheels Holes but thats ok.... I can make my own. note that they are good for DIY parts, metals, hardware ect ect. the wheels I bought are a one central bolt type and are disigned for rolling chairs or something fairly heavy. After I got a hold of the hardware I needed I took the case down to the bone. WHen you do anything that may involve metal shaving, just take it apart all the way.

IMG_0438.jpg

After that You will need to drill the holes. I sized them up a hair small then filed all the flashings off to better my chances of a level case when I was finished. this is what you wind up with.

IMG_0440.jpg

After thats performed you will likely need to cut the wheel's bolts excessive threads. and chances are your going to need to cut case parts for clearance. If you look at the picture you can see where I had to cut up the power supply stand on both sides to make clearance for the large bolts. I also had to cut the hardrive cage a little on the cases right side but I couldn't get a good picture.

DSCF1249.jpg

DSCF1251.jpg

After you have cut the bolts and installed them you should winde up with this sort of assembly After fully installing the Guts. 'SHRUG'

And please be sure you purchase locking wheels, if not for locking wheels the case would be sitting on the floor and not the table.

IMG_0442.jpg

And you continue overclocking at about 2:00 in the morning on a work night..... see Bishop245 in background "I found HIM"

IMG_0441.jpg

Its tons of fun to modify cases in my experience. But this one is all useful. Just due to the Simple fact I can roll my case out of the way when I want to vacuum or transport it. It also helps air get underneath the case and make more airflow. :D enjoy. hope this help or encourages someone.

I did that mod a while back, just smaller casters, I had those same once for my desk but did not put them on. I tried them on my case and they were too high. You're right, the wheels make it easier to clean the areas around the case.

CaseModProject037.jpg

Looks awesome, but I couldn't help and think about the last picture; wouldn't it suck so much if it just slid off the desk?

The front actually did roll off once while I was in the process of cleaning the rear side the desk, but it only got as far as 4 inches off the desk. The back is heavier where a 240mm rad is mounted, LOL.

Edited by Voltes_5

I cannot remember if I mentioned it But i did put on some wheels that lock in place, just to keep it where I want it. Plus that Haf 932 is stupid tall to begin with so it is only another 1.5 inches taller now.

And I can sit on it without breaking the case or wheels, so the casters are plenty strong.

Edited by boinker

Have the wheels gotten weaker or something because I have rolled my 932 all over the place and haven't broken them yet *knock on wood*

Nice job on the mod btw

hi all yup thats me at my desk goofing off on the laptop while my build was done before his no modding on mine. We do our modding where i work so we have access to all kinds of saws drills torch plasma cutter ect...

As to wheel breakage i have the cooler master stacker original and the wheels broke the first time they were rolled on concrete so it is the next mod project for me to follow in boink boinks foot steps :) maybe next week if i go buy the stuff lol and my brother stays sober long enuff to carry that heavy rig to my truck for me since my back is in very bad condition nowdays