Good Air Cooler For AM3

MystoGators

There's plenty to choose from.

At the top: Megahalems, T.R.U.E, NH U12P, all pricey.

The core contact type heatsinks are also quite good (and less pricey): HDT-S1283, Core-Contact Freezer

Just make sure they come with the correct bracket (some you can purchase separately - but, don't forget to take that in account when you look at prices).

I've used thermalright, arctic cooling, and scythe heatsinks with my AMDs and they've all worked well. The lapped TRUE was the best, but most expensive.

Newegg says that it doesn't support AM3.

Lies!

Compatibility Intel: Core i7, Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, Pentium Extreme Ed., Pentium Dual-Core, Pentium D, Pentium 4 Extreme Ed., Pentium 4 HT, Pentium 4, Celeron Dual-Core, Celeron D

AMD:Phenom, Athlon 64 X2, Athlon X2, Sempron

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835185096

This hands down, I recommended this to my brother AM3 system, and his 550 X2 at 3.8 Ghz/ HT 2.4 Ghz 1.44 Vcore, it never goes over 40C after 1 HR of OCCT Burn test. :thumbs-up:

I was looking at that one, but I was thinking it was a piece of junk at that price. :/

There's plenty to choose from.

At the top: Megahalems, T.R.U.E, NH U12P, all pricey.

The core contact type heatsinks are also quite good (and less pricey): HDT-S1283, Core-Contact Freezer

Just make sure they come with the correct bracket (some you can purchase separately - but, don't forget to take that in account when you look at prices).

I've used thermalright, arctic cooling, and scythe heatsinks with my AMDs and they've all worked well. The lapped TRUE was the best, but most expensive.

I thought the Megahalem was only for 775 and 1366. Newegg needs to start selling those soon (at least they have a ton of them at Micro Center).

Lies!

Compatibility Intel: Core i7, Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo, Pentium Extreme Ed., Pentium Dual-Core, Pentium D, Pentium 4 Extreme Ed., Pentium 4 HT, Pentium 4, Celeron Dual-Core, Celeron D

AMD:Phenom, Athlon 64 X2, Athlon X2, Sempron

It doesn't say anything about Phenom II support.

Edited by MystoGators

NOCTUA coolers seem to have a good rep although I haven't used one...also a little expensive I think. I think the scythe that mjcro posted is good... Read reviews about stuff you want to get and are not sure. Thats what I do before buying anything. Look for some cooler top 10 best or something in the internet ...then read reviews for the onces you like, and you will know if they are really what you need. Also am2 = am3(physically) so all am2 will fit on am3 100%.