Holy ....... 13.5 inches

N.E.A

i saw the 5970 and it was 13.5 inches long :O that is insane ...

5870 was good in antec 1200 but 2.5 inches more ..and it was not easy to fit in there ... <_< <_< <_<

i think amd have to do something with this , i mean 5870 can hardly fit in some cases and the high end cases was big enough to it

but now what shall any one do if he has a 5970 and antec 1200 ..

i think this card really as long as 13.5 .., every one who buys it will put the whole system outside ....

http://www.pcper.com/index.php

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm a pair will go nicely with a 30" monitor...

i think one will blow it too , but what about the size ..

hey unkown..

can your case fit 13.6 card ..? ...i know i wrote 0.1 more but you need some space to put it with no worries ..

Hmm I wonder if AMD is betting that nVidia is also going to need larger PCB sizes?

in that case ..i will stick with my 275 and i happy with it ..:P

but you do have a good point ..;)

nvidia was the king of size as well as performance ..

amd got the crown ..but i think nvidia will fight back to get the size and performance crown..but they will never compete with amd in price/performance ..

i can not understand why they make such a long pcb ..? the high end cases will scratch the card ..:huh:

Edited by N.E.A

I wish they would start making graphics cards smaller. I want my next rig to be about the size of the shuttle cases. How am i going to do that when the cards keep getting longer? How long till we see 3 slot cards? :lol:

I wish they would start making graphics cards smaller. I want my next rig to be about the size of the shuttle cases. How am i going to do that when the cards keep getting longer? How long till we see 3 slot cards? :lol:

I agree, for now the 5750 is only one on the right track

radeon-hd5750-2.jpg

It's not like the designers make them long just for a laugh........then NEED the space for all sorts of components and sub-systems, a modern gfx card is basically a small computer with it's own cpu+ram.

You'll notice low end cards are often a lot smaller.

It's not like the designers make them long just for a laugh........then NEED the space for all sorts of components and sub-systems, a modern gfx card is basically a small computer with it's own cpu+ram.

You'll notice low end cards are often a lot smaller.

not always

the 4830 was the same length as a 4870 (and a 4850) since they were the same core

(4830)radeon_4830_front.jpg(4870)4870_card.jpg