Sign in to follow this  
cjloki

Is there a way to work around securerom

I tried to load up crysis warhead on my folding rig last nite to see how it plays. As soon as i start the game a securom popup window comes up and says that "for security purposes the game is only allowed to be applied to so many computers and that it's limit has been reached. If you want to play crysis warhead you can buy another access code and try again"

well this irks me off because i've never had this game installed on any other machines, in fact this is the platform it was installed on earlier this year when i first bought the game to begin with. And the really aggravating thing is that i bought this game with my own hard earned money and expect to be able to play it whenever and wherever i want since i paid for the damned game. :angry:

So now my mad ego wants to know if the securom can be defeated or if there is a known workaround that i'm not aware of that will allow me to play my game the way i want to ?

any ideas gamers ?

I'm not sure, but theres always torrets. :) Securom is I think one of best copyright protection options available to developers, so yeah. If your willing, I've seen people download Crysis torrents, but I don't do it myself. :thumbs-up:

DRM is the dumbest thing to hit pc games. And EA loves to use the most god awful forms of DRM on the planet, sad thing is that the "cracked" versions of the game are DRM free and don't give you any bull crap when you want to play.

Just call the hotline or whatever and get another code. It's like with Bioshock where you only have a limited amount of installs allowed.

Yeah you either call for a new access code (good luck) or download a cracked .exe

If you legitimately paid for the game you could get the crack and remain (relatively) guilt free

Download a crack. It's actually legal to download cracks for your game if you bought the game, since the game is yours and you may mod it as you like. Howewer, some cracks have a lot of crashes. I've never had them, and I download cracks for all my games. This way you never need to put the disc in.

Download a crack. It's actually legal to download cracks for your game if you bought the game, since the game is yours and you may mod it as you like. Howewer, some cracks have a lot of crashes. I've never had them, and I download cracks for all my games. This way you never need to put the disc in.
first proceed to sue EA for trying to get more money then they need out of you

then crack it as a final F-U

:withstupid:'s

Actually, no. This isn't the case. EA Always has, and always will own the game.

You bought a 'License' to use the software.

AFAIK Modification of the software isn't allowed according to the terms in said license - but i could be wrong.

Oh, and I'm not having a go at anybody. Just pointing out the difference between owning code/owning a license to run code. 'Licensing' Should be the case with EA Software - if its not, I'll gladly admit saying the wrong thing. But it is the case with most software....

Still - at the end of the day - you paid money out of your pocket to purchase your copy of the game, its fscked (edit this if need be -its the linux boy in me coming out...) up that you can't play it.

Go get the crack and run without SecuROM :rolleyes:

Edited by shibby_geek_guy_69

Cracking is certainly one way and is relatively guilt-free if you did indeed purchase the game. However, the best way is to simply call them up and tell them your story. I would bet good money that they'll fix your problem with very little hassle. That's always been the case when I have trouble with Windows keys, for example. Maybe this particular company and rep might jerk you around, but in general I find that in these situations they're quick to fix your problem.