Top 8 Programs That Can Make Your Computer Run Faster

WhenKittensATK

Interesting though my favorite media player is still Media Player Classic that comes in the K-Lite Codec Packs. Video runs and looks much better than it and the controls are better

I'll have to check out the rest though. My computer never really gets bogged down anymore, viruses and bog downs haven't happened to me since XP.

• 4 weeks later...

The list is missing one of the most important things, Services. Shutting off what you don't need (not just at startup) gives the biggest return IMO. Things like Fast User Switching, having apps like Messenger, WMP, Adobe, Google, Java, etc... constantly monitoring for updates and info drag you down when they are constantly running. Do you really need to have Automatic Updates running all of the time, and Error Reporting is another unnecessary tether to MS. Shutting off Themes in XP really speeds things up also.

I currently use 3 on the list. I have my rigs optimized for gaming, by hacking in to XP, googled it at one time and there are many things I removed manually on XP. Lots of things I dont use for my gaming rig. Thanks for the list man, I've downloaded the rest that I don't have.

Edited by Voltes_5