Windows 7: Likes/Dislikes... Opinions

Rokkaholik

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be taking the Windows 7 Configuration exam 70-680 on Monday next week. Anyone know of any practice questions out yet? Anyone want to help me study :P

well I don't know if there are any practice tests out yet, but I know MS has released their books for 7, maybe check out your local barnes and noble or borders, or equivalent bookstore and check them out. Other than that, Good Luck!

I lost a full 1000 points on my CPU score according to 3dmark06 switching from xp x86 to 7 pro x64.

Quad core optimized? I think not.

If you want to apply that argument Windows 98 tromps XP in 3dMark99. :lol:

A *slight* loss in a benchmark doesn't mean much when the system as a whole runs faster especially when gaming. :)

I love it! Very easy to navagate and really customizable. Only thing I have noticed is windows seems to take a little bit longer to boot up, but it's not that big of a deal. Can't wait to use all of the new features.

Finally got around to upgrading to the final version. I've gotta say, there are definitely subtle performance improvements over the RC. In areas it would lag previously it's now very smooth. I also got the Internet TV option in Media Center and once I get my Netflix account back up I'll be able to use that new feature as well. It also seems to play nicer in networking with my Mac. Installation was also a breeze, no need to point the installer to my flash drive for RAID drivers, it picked up my RAID 0 drive right away.

I will be taking the Windows 7 Configuration exam 70-680 on Monday next week. Anyone know of any practice questions out yet? Anyone want to help me study :P

What materials did you use to study for that exam?

Besides technet which isn't really good study material more refrance material there is almost no study material out there for the Windows 7 Exams the MS press book doesn't start selling until Oct 30.

I wouldn't take the exam unless I had a lot of experience with Windows 7 in a business environment I wouldn't just take it on a wim to see if I can pass it.

What materials did you use to study for that exam?

Besides technet which isn't really good study material more refrance material there is almost no study material out there for the Windows 7 Exams the MS press book doesn't start selling until Oct 30.

I wouldn't take the exam unless I had a lot of experience with Windows 7 in a business environment I wouldn't just take it on a wim to see if I can pass it.

This is what I have been using to study. http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-...-resources.html

From the looks of it, its not going to be terribly different from vista, at least from a business side of things. I was getting ready to take the Vista exam, and decided I would give the windows 7 exam a shot.

It costs me $60 for a Microsoft exam, so meh. If I pass I pass, if not I will retake it.

Edited by greengiant912

This is what I have been using to study. http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-...-resources.html

From the looks of it, its not going to be terribly different from vista, at least from a business side of things. I was getting ready to take the Vista exam, and decided I would give the windows 7 exam a shot.

It costs me $60 for a Microsoft exam, so meh. If I pass I pass, if not I will retake it.

Based on what I have read I've heard the 70-680 is much tougher then the 70-620 exam series but I guess you could be right.

Post back with your findings after you take the exam I was interested in taking the 70-680 after I'm done studying for the 83-640.