How well would it OC

Caddy Daddy

Hey guys, got a i7 940, the stepping is C0 i think here is whats on the box.

S-Spec: SLBCK

Batch #: 3838B124

from what i have read around the web this is a C0 stepping cpu and thus dosent oc like the D0 steeping. :( . wanted to build a rig that will hit 4GHz at least, from what i see these c) stepping cpu dont go that far. I live in the Bahamas so sending it back will cost me. Should i keep it and oc it as far as it will go or pay the money, send it back and get a D0 steeping cpu.

thanks

Hey guys, got a i7 940, the stepping is C0 i think here is whats on the box.

S-Spec: SLBCK

Batch #: 3838B124

from what i have read around the web this is a C0 stepping cpu and thus dosent oc like the D0 steeping. :( . wanted to build a rig that will hit 4GHz at least, from what i see these c) stepping cpu dont go that far. I live in the Bahamas so sending it back will cost me. Should i keep it and oc it as far as it will go or pay the money, send it back and get a D0 steeping cpu.

thanks

Problem solved. Have a friend that is doing a build who had a i7 920 D0 stepping cpu and he dose not oc so i traded with him. :)

Did I read this right? You traded a 940 for a 920 just because of the stepping? I'd take the spare multiplier over the claimed heat. Plenty of C0s have been known to be great OCers.