Light Gaming Media Rig

rage4theused

uberamdguy, ur build wouldn't be as good for gaming.. but it's definately good for multitasking..

how do you figure that??? it plays crysis on high with no lag...i dont see how thats not good for gaming

no games right now utilize more then 2 cores...i have athlon II 240 at 3.2ghz

no games right now utilize more then 4gb ram....i have 4gb ram

no games right now really need more then a 4850 to run well (although this really isnt a future proof card its plenty for now and i got it cheap)

i mean i could see how this build isnt really future proof...but i feel that right now you dont need anymore to play any game...

no games right now utilize more then 2 cores...i have athlon II 240 at 3.2ghz

While i agree with you that your build is pretty sweet there are a number of games that can use quad core and at the very least a quad core removes some of the burden from the gaming cores in dual core games. I'd take an anthlon x3 for the sake of future proofing.

Edited by xchrissypoox

You may not have Crysis lagging but the added L3 cache would give a better performance in general and better FPS... Yours isn't bad, I never said that, but it just isn't as good as a Phenom II 550 build !

You may not have Crysis lagging but the added L3 cache would give a better performance in general and better FPS... Yours isn't bad, I never said that, but it just isn't as good as a Phenom II 550 build !

yeah you guys are right i could use a faster cpu....but good news is im building either an i5 or phenom II 945 build for a friend and using the money i make from that to put a phenom 945 in my rig, or hopefully my current rig will sell for 650 on craigslist (just posted it up tonight) and i use that money to build a new rig from scratch phenom II x4 945 gigabyte motherboard 6gb ddr3 triple channel ram and a 5770 or if i feel like dropping another 100 a 5850....then i will be future proof and still only have spent around 160 to 260 :)

haha then if i can sell that one hopefully ill have enough to build me an i7! i really hope i can hustle them like that lol

Edited by uberamdguy

yeah you guys are right i could use a faster cpu....but good news is im building either an i5 or phenom II 945 build for a friend and using the money i make from that to put a phenom 945 in my rig, or hopefully my current rig will sell for 650 on craigslist (just posted it up tonight) and i use that money to build a new rig from scratch phenom II x4 945 gigabyte motherboard 6gb ddr3 triple channel ram and a 5770 or if i feel like dropping another 100 a 5850....then i will be future proof and still only have spent around 160 to 260 :)

haha then if i can sell that one hopefully ill have enough to build me an i7! i really hope i can hustle them like that lol

Good luck with your new biz ;)

Do post when you are ready to redo the build!!!

(Err.. we are deviating from the topic!!)