Motherboard

The gene because the other 2 aren't ROG and your name is ROGamerz

Edit. I thought this was like a guessing game:

HI....

I chose 3 mobos ASUS Rampage 2 Gene, ASUS P6T, ASUS P6T SE

please

tell me which one i bought :rolleyes:

get the gene or the p6t it doesn't really matter which.

Edited by xchrissypoox

It should. Just download the manual. And see if it is on the compatible list.

The ASUS Rampage 2 Gene is the glorified version of mine. <_<

can it boot when i put 1600 RAM or i firstly put 1333 RAM then OC it and then it support 1600 RAM

please help

:blink:

The Asus Rampage 2 Gene officially supports DDR3-1333 and unofficially DDR3-1600 via overclocking.

I imagine if you install DDR3-1600 it will first boot at 1333 speeds so you'll have to overclock to take it up to 1600?

If you already have the memory then worst case you'll have to run it at 1333 which isn't a big deal really.

Cheers

Paul

HI....

I chose 3 mobos ASUS Rampage 2 Gene, ASUS P6T, ASUS P6T SE

please

tell me which one i bought :rolleyes:

The gene supports up to 2000Mhz overclocked ram, so it does supports 1600Mhz ram. I have ram running at 1600Mhz on it right now.

Edited by xchrissypoox

Please tell me when you put 1600Mhz RAM it boot without any overclocking

no you have to overclock the ram though you can turn on the xmp profile and that will overclock it to 1600Mhz for you or you can manually set the ram's speed and voltage. by default ram is set to run at 1333Mhz when it is put into a motherboard. If your not going to overclock the cpu you don't need 1600 mhz ram. If you are going to overclock then you will have to manually setup the ram anyway because you can't use an xmp profile while overclocking the cpu.

Edited by xchrissypoox

no you have to overclock the ram though you can turn on the xmp profile and that will overclock it to 1600Mhz for you or you can manually set the ram's speed and voltage. by default ram is set to run at 1333Mhz when it is put into a motherboard. If your not going to overclock the cpu you don't need 1600 mhz ram. If you are going to overclock then you will have to manually setup the ram anyway because you can't use an xmp profile while overclocking the cpu.

Thanks

tell me that when i run XMP profile the RAM will Auto go to 1600Mhz?

The XMP profile run from bios or Windows?