Crazy_Nate

Here's a fun image to make your head hurt.

:blink:Wow!

:lol:

Thats strange, when i look at the picture, it looks like A, B and the ones that diagonally link them all look the same to me anyway, i dont get it :wacko:

what ..?!!

:huh::blink:

EDIT: Read the explanation. Now I don't know if it truly is a mind trick or just a way of manipulating the colour detection of my computer. >.<

It's just your mind playing tricks on you.

this is one of my favourite optical illusions because it's not as obvious as the "these two lines/squares/circles are the same size" ones :D

as a painter I believe it....whent eh darker squares of B get in the shade and become darker it makes the darker appear lighter...

it;s like taking a paint line from a color deck...paint the ceiling the top color even if it;s darker and paint the walls the darkest color of the chip once you do this it will make the ceiling appear white...just an optical...same as this...the lighter colors make the darker appear darker and the darker make the lighter colors appear lighter...even though a/b are the same...

I cutted a pice of one of the squares and putted onto the other sqaure. And yes they are they same color.

But for me when i look at it in photoshop it seems like they really are the same color.

post-65539-1262361813_thumb.png

Studies say that children are not able to identify a couple in a intimate situations because they do not have these images stored in the brain. Children see 9 dolphins. If you can't find a single dolphin in 6 second then you have a ruined (dirty) mind.

EDIT: I got some other cool pics too. Can i post them here? :P

Edited by PingoPongo

post-65539-1262361813_thumb.png

Studies say that children are not able to identify a couple in a intimate situations because they do not have these images stored in the brain. Children see 9 dolphins. If you can't find a single dolphin in 6 second then you have a ruined (dirty) mind.

EDIT: I got some other cool pics too. Can i post them here? :P

Please do! I love this kind of stuff :D

I spent 10 minutes denying it...and then my head just about exploded when I tested it in GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program). It's just scary...

well there goes 10 minutes you'll never get back again...

Please do! I love this kind of stuff :D

And under that u mean erotic kinda or just crazy stuff that confuses people?

post-65539-1262378046_thumb.png

Anyway here's one weirdo. Look at the 4 dots in the middle for atleast 30 sec, don't move your eyes even a tiny bit. Then look at a blank wall. Blink your eyes a few times and you should see something i'd compare to Jesus or Robinson Crusoe. Altho note that there shouldn't be any direct lighting on the wall you look at.

post-65539-1262378373_thumb.png

Spiral or circles? You tell me...

So what does it mean if you noticed they were the same right away? This was the first time I've ever seen it, but reading through the comments, I guess I'm the only one that noticed it was right away...

As with many so-called illusions, this effect really demonstrates the success rather than the failure of the visual system. The visual system is not very good at being a physical light meter, but that is not its purpose. The important task is to break the image information down into meaningful components, and thereby perceive the nature of the objects in view.

could mean your visual system is demonstrating less "success" than everyone else's, but it seems like it depends on how you look at the image. most of us are automatically visualising a 3D chessboard pattern with a shadow cast over it, so if it were real we would be correct in thinking the squares are not the same colour even though they appear to be so. this is however a 2D image, so technically the shadow is just shading and you're correct in seeing the 2 squares as the same colour.

Edited by psycho_terror