What if this is a possibility?

Guest Haveaniceday

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you should read "god is not great, how religion poisons everything." I was atheist when i started reading it, now my anti-theist viewpoint is stronger then ever. You cant argue with the logic of it.

There's no more logic in denying God than there is in saying He exists.

There's no more logic in denying God than there is in saying He exists.

Yeah but there's logic in not wasting a sunday singing repetitive music and missing out in life because you can't eat meat or can't "do it" until marriage.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Yeah but there's logic in not wasting a sunday singing repetitive music and missing out in life because you can't eat meat or can't "do it" until marriage.

That has nothing to do with atheism. ;)

As I've mentioned before; I'm firmly agnostic. I don't think it's possible to prove or disprove the existence of a God or gods nor do I care much about the whole thing. Atheists and theists are both in the same category to me...it takes just as much faith to disbelieve in God as it does to believe in God.

That has nothing to do with atheism. ;)

As I've mentioned before; I'm firmly agnostic. I don't think it's possible to prove or disprove the existence of a God or gods nor do I care much about the whole thing. Atheists and theists are both in the same category to me...it takes just as much faith to disbelieve in God as it does to believe in God.

I guess I'm in the same boat as you, but I won't believe in god until there is proof (which I'd love to be given believe me). and I'll put my "beliefs" in science since science is pushing forward to answer questions whereas religion....well doesn't. Religion controls the weak minded, science lets us move into the future.

too me agnostics just can't make up their mind to believe in god or to not believe in god

Unfortunately that's what a lot of people think and what a lot of churches try to push forward.

Agnostics acknowledge that there's no way to know that there is or isn't a God or gods...so there's no point believing or disbelieving in them. It's not that they can't decide...it's that there's no decision to be made. :)

While it is true that there is no way to to know if there is or is not a God... I still feel compelled to believe there is no God. I have made that decisions and will stand for that decision. Call it arrogant or as ignorant as believing in God... the way I see it there is far more evidence against a creator than for.

I compare it to invisible flying pink unicorns. There's no evidence they exist but I can't prove they don't...so what's the point in making a decision about them at all? Sure, it's far more likely that they don't exist but it also doesn't make any sense to me to state that they don't exist. :P

I compare it to invisible flying pink unicorns. There's no evidence they exist but I can't prove they don't...so what's the point in making a decision about them at all? Sure, it's far more likely that they don't exist but it also doesn't make any sense to me to state that they don't exist. :P

Except people don't spend their lives dedicated to praising pink unicorns, instead they worship a made up man (or woman :O) and a crappy carpenter (yeah it was screwed up what they did to him, ain't religion a biatch?? But the fact is, he was just a carpenter)

Edited by IVIYTH0S