What if this is a possibility?

Guest Haveaniceday

Guest Haveaniceday

When we die, we instantly enter another universe in which everything is the same except we're alive.

Even to the extent that a line of possible events is avoided to allow a person to live.

E.g. A to a person's conscious lying on their death bed, something happens that allows them to get spontaneously better, hence while they die in their current universe, they feel they've never passed and merely got better.

Could be the same with old age, maybe eventually the consciousness ends up in a universe where a 'cure' is found for old age etc.

I've been almost killed dozens of times and thought about this very question.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok or how about we just get reborn and just start a new life or what if we just die and nothing happens. my thoughts often wonder to this subject i mean come on only one chance seems pretty lame to me. also im not to big on the whole god thing either its not that im a devil worshiper its just there are so many other worlds out there. something living has to be out there me i hope its giant bugs from starship troopers. dont bugs have a better chance to live on a harsh world. heck they could breath in large amounts of co2 and breath out fire.

Some people say that our dreams are sometimes memories from our past lives. If thats the truth then my past lives were pretty weird.

:withstupid:

I want to live my old life, %$#@ was crazy back then :lol:

Edited by IVIYTH0S

When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antalope eat the grass.

And so we are all connected in the great circle of life.

haha, after I got to antelope, Mufasa took over the rest of the reading

This idea has come up before. It's called "Quantum Immortality" and it is a concept based on the Many-Worlds Interpretation of quantum mechanics. Since every possible outcome has to happen (theoretically) then any timeline where you die will branch off, but your consciousness will continue in one where you did not die, no matter how unlikely that is. Only way to prove it is to hold a gun to your head. Watch it jam, or somehow miss any vital brain matter, etc. Don't actually do it :P But you would die in some timelines and live in others. It's pretty much a meaningless theory, but I like it since it means I never have to worry about death XD.