Multiplier jumps randomly

Kusmariini

wow guys =D

In the power options, there was the ASRock IES mode on, I set it on high performance and multiplier now x11, thanks =D

i'm sorry but why would you want that feature off? all it does is save power there sould be no performance hit. it should only throttle your CPU if it's idle but under load it would be at what you OCed it too

i'm sorry but why would you want that feature off? all it does is save power there sould be no performance hit. it should only throttle your CPU if it's idle but under load it would be at what you OCed it too

My understanding is it might make it less stable as the speed step ramps up to the max speed.

In the old days of AMD's CnQ that was a fair statement most of the time. With current boards and cpu's the power saving features work amazingly well, even on a reasonably overclocked system. Of course YMMV.

It never hurts to try it though. Even if you're not in it for the environmentally "green" movement - your motherboard and cpu might benefit from an extended life span. Less voltage/reduced multiplier = less heat = theoretically increased life span. No reason to have your cpu clocked at 3.2ghz when it's sitting there idle.

And this is coming from a guy that swore off that line of thinking as little as 24 months ago. But socket AM2 and LGA775 changed my tune.

In the old days of AMD's CnQ that was a fair statement most of the time. With current boards and cpu's the power saving features work amazingly well, even on a reasonably overclocked system. Of course YMMV.

It never hurts to try it though. Even if you're not in it for the environmentally "green" movement - your motherboard and cpu might benefit from an extended life span. Less voltage/reduced multiplier = less heat = theoretically increased life span. No reason to have your cpu clocked at 3.2ghz when it's sitting there idle.

And this is coming from a guy that swore off that line of thinking as little as 24 months ago. But socket AM2 and LGA775 changed my tune.

hmmm when i oc'ed it was recommended to disable it. But truth be told the fact that having it enabled would have my processor jumping from voltage to voltage doesn't sit well with me. Regardless of how well the feature works with newer processors. I rather keep it consistent at a certain voltage.

The new Cool n Quiet on the Phenom IIs actually works correctly unlike the previous Cool n Quiets. You shouldn't have any problems leaving it on while overclocked as I do it myself on my 940. Helps keep the CPU fan speed down when you are not doing anything which makes it much quieter. :)

:withstupid:

This is my feeling on it as well. People will always recommend turning the power-throttling features off in the BIOS when overclocking, and I still think it's good during the actual overclocking phase where you're trying to test and find your best OC settings. But after that, I turn it back on. Why not? I've never had any problems from it (that I can tell, anyways) and power savings are power savings. Plus, it can only help the lifespan of your hardware.

I say turn it back on once you find your final OC and see if it works. I bet it'll work just fine.

:withstupid:

This is my feeling on it as well. People will always recommend turning the power-throttling features off in the BIOS when overclocking, and I still think it's good during the actual overclocking phase where you're trying to test and find your best OC settings. But after that, I turn it back on. Why not? I've never had any problems from it (that I can tell, anyways) and power savings are power savings. Plus, it can only help the lifespan of your hardware.

I say turn it back on once you find your final OC and see if it works. I bet it'll work just fine.

ill keep that in mind then.

Edited by TropicalPreist