ATI 5870 not working well

asus

My new 5870 video card tents to display lots of blue dots when playing a blu ray, or any type of video or sometimes just randomly on the desktop or anything with dark color. I am using windows 7 x64 and the latest drivers. I have an intel core i7 with no o/c. Ive installed the beta drivers, no love (back to the current release drivers). I have a image that may help. BTW the blue dots kinda flash on and off. This is with anything.. except games.. or maybe I just dont notice it. Ive installed and uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.. Any ideas?

vc.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like a VRAM issue. Is your memory factory overclocked, or do you have it clocked higher than stock settings were when you got the card?

Nope.. everything is stock. I havent touched a thing in terms of overclocking ect.. Did this right out of the box. It fades in and out, sometimes it does it A LOT sometimes not so much. I may return it to newegg and get something else unless drivers come out and fix this...

I dont have a video camera.. but here is a crop.. this may give you a better idea.. and I get lines on the screen as well.

oh ok, I see it now. Yeah I'd try overclocking to the memory to see if it gets worse, or underclocking the memory and seeing if it gets better

oh ok, I see it now. Yeah I'd try overclocking to the memory to see if it gets worse, or underclocking the memory and seeing if it gets better

Over or underclocking do not seam to have any effect on the video playing or desktop "blue noise".